Monday, January 24, 2011

Superbowl Countdown: Sourdough Ranch Pretzels

Superbowl Sunday is closing in.  Which means parties are being planned and menus are being prepared.

Menu preparation must include these sourdough pretzels.  If you are not hosting, it is your obligation to take these to where the football is.

I am arming you with the mightiest of all salty munchies.

I served these pretzels when I hosted Bunco last weekend.  To say they were devoured would be an understatement.  If we weren't all such classy broads there may have been catfights over the basket housing these bad boys.

I'm serious.  Ladies would have had their eyes scratched out for hogging the pretzels. 

The only downside to making these is that you will eat them.  And you will wake up the next morning looking like a puffer fish from all the sodium.

But for the good of all football fans everywhere, you must prepare and share for Superbowl Sunday.

Sourdough Ranch Pretzels
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup ranch dressing mix
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Dill Seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Boxes Sourdough Pretzels ( I used Synder's 13.5 oz boxes)

Combine 1st five ingredients in small bowl.  Mix well.  Spread pretzels out on shallow baking pan, or use 2 9x13 baking dishes.  Drizzle mixture over pretzels, toss to coat.

Pretzels will break, and this is wonderful.  You want many broken ranch pretzel pieces.  The broken pieces make these munchie worthy.
Bake at 275 for 20-25 minutes.  Toss pretzels halfway through baking.

Then grab yourself a cold brewskie, or a Diet Coke if you're like me, and hover around the oven until they're done.

Enjoy and deal with the water retention later.  I promise you, they're worth it!

Mommyhood Footnote: With football on my brain, I must mention Caleb Hanie.  This kid is 24 yrs old, and the 3rd string quarterback for the Chicago Bears.  I'm guessing he has seen the field, let me think here...just about NEVER.  And then today, late in the 3rd quarter of the last game of the playoffs, he gets a chance.  In the NFC Championship Game.

When he threw his 1st touchdown pass, I was the only nerd in the room who immediately thought of his parents.  

Mr. and Mrs. Hanie have sat through three seasons of watching their son ride the bench as the 3rd string quarterback. I can only imagine the elation they felt when he ran onto that field today.  And then to see him throw a touchdown pass?  In the playoffs?   And then continue to rally and almost bring the Bears back to tie the game?  Today was one of the best days of their lives.  Sniff. Sniff.


Mommyhood has turned me into such a Sally.

Ignore me and make these pretzels.  The End.

I'm a Mommy and I blog. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for being part of P.P.TW Fun Weekend Blog Hop! I can't wait to have a superbowl party even though my team didnt make it :(. I hope you have a great start to the week.

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Following you through Mommy Monday blog hop. http://tupelodeals.blogspot.com I would appreciate a follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping along! Your newest follower!

    www.life-semicrunchy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Mommy Mondays! You can find me at http://thasuburbanhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you back from Mommy Mondays. :)

    Thanks,
    Janice
    Roller Coaster Ride

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!