Saturday, July 7, 2012
Walt Disney World: Five Tips You Need to Know
1. If you plan on driving to Disney, remember it is expensive to park at the theme parks. You can expect to pay about $15/day. If you stay on site at a Disney hotel, you can park for free with your parking pass. You also park for free if you are an annual passholder.
2. The parks allow coolers. Save money and bring your own drinks and snacks. You don't need anything large, but if you'll be in Disney with small children a soft cooler in the stroller is a must.
3. There is an overabundance of germs in Disney World. Take time and think for a minute about how many hands have touched those turnstiles. Or safety rails. I have been to Disney World over forty times and just about every trip I witness a poor child vomiting all over his parents.
Bring hand sanitzer. Use it often.
4. Walking the countries in Epcot is possible with children. There is a Kidcot Fun Stop in every country. Make finding these stops an adventure. Your children will be given a "passport" to take around the countries at their first stop. In every country, a cast member will stamp their passport.
5. If you have small children, USE THE PARENT SWAP! What is Parent Swap? You, your husband and ten year old son want to ride Thunder Mountain, but you have a two year old that can't ride. Go to a castmember working the entrance of the ride, ask for a parent swap. They will give you a pass that allows you to ride twice, one time without waiting. The first riders must wait in line. When they are finished with the ride, the parent who had to wait with the baby (your son can ride again with you) goes through the fast pass line.
Remember that castmembers see hundreds of people in an hour. If you have Fast Passes for Thunder Mountain, I didn't tell you to use those and get in the Fast Pass line again with your Parent Swap.
Bonus tip: Arrive at the parks when they open. You will ride at least three to four rides with minimal wait times, and have plenty under your belt by lunchtime. Make the most of your trip and get up early!