Tuesday, November 27, 2012
50 Stocking Stuffer Ideas
In case you haven't noticed, I'm big on Christmas. I grew up one of six kids, and my parents had plenty on their minds every minute of the day. Christmas was the time for "magic" in our house. Gifts that we never expected (but wanted!) were under our tree, and our stockings were overflowing with goodies and toys.
I remember running down the stairs Christmas morn with my siblings, youngest to oldest, turning the corner and seeing our family room. The memories still take my breath away. The tree was lit, the gifts glistened and our stockings hung by our chimney with care.
My parents believed in big birthdays, and big holidays. The day to day was chaotic, and days like Christmas were for our family. There was love, laughs and plenty of "magic."
There still is.
Here, in in particular order, are some of my favorite stocking stuffer ideas. Men, women and children all included. Many of these originated from my stocking many years ago.
1. Coloring books
5. Pre-owned video games (oldies but goodies)
6. Candy (from the North Pole Candy Co. of course)
8. Costume jewelry (girls)
9. Figures (army guys, zombie guys, Trash Packs, Strawberry Shortcake, etc)
13. "Build Your Own" sets from craft stores (airplanes, boats, etc)
15. Gift Cards
16. Tee shirts, rolled with a bow
17. Snow hats and mittens
21. Lottery tickets
24. Fogless mirror for shaving (men)
26. Flashlight (bedtime for kids, car for adults)
27. Energy drinks (adults, of course)
28. Pajama set
29. Hair clips and bows
31. Small Lego sets
33. Water bottle (for the athletes/exercisers)
34. Tableware for kids (character plastic plates and cups)
37. Nail polish
38. Nail care/grooming set (men)
39. Coin purse
40. Small stuffed animals
42. Magnets for fridge
43. Kitchen sponges, towels
44. Kitchen utensils (ice cream scoops, spatulas)
45. Deck of cards/small games
47. Beef Jerkey
48. Kids Coupon Book (stay up late, extra dessert, trip to dollar store)
49. Animal Crackers (Barnum's of course)
50. Air freshener's/candles
Any other ideas? Share them! Happy shopping!