Monday, September 1, 2014

3 Ingredient Chip Dip

When I was a kid, my mom made this elaborate taco dip with cream cheese, chili, cheese, lettuce, onions, olives and a few other goodies.  I remember it fondly.

I make a very condensed version of this dip, partly because I don't remember everything she put in it and partly because I'm never prepared enough to make anything that requires more than five ingredients. True story.

I like to stock my pantry with a few staples, turkey chili with no beans is one of them.  I love shredded cheese in my refrigerator for adding a little excitement to baked chicken or pasta dishes.  And cream cheese is easy enough to grab if I know I need to bring something somewhere.

That's all this taco/chip dip requires.  Turkey chili, cream cheese and shredded cheese.  Keep tortilla chips handy in case you ever decide to whip this up for company.  With football season upon us I promise this recipe will come in handy.

Spread 8 oz cream cheese onto bottom of 9" round dish.  I don't use all the cream cheese, but it's all about preference.

Spread one can of no bean turkey chili over top of cream cheese.

Top with 2 cups shredded cheese ( I like Mexican blend).  This is where you can get crafty if you desire.  My mom added shredded lettuce, sliced olives, fresh diced tomatoes and more.  I leave mine plain and simple.

Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.

Serve hot with your favorite tortilla chips. 


2 comments:

Throw in your two cents!