Friday, September 17, 2010

Easy Family Dinner: Poppyseed Chicken

Friday nights are a beautiful thing.  No practices, no work, no commitments.  Before life with the munchkins became so busy, Friday nights were pizza nights.  After a week of preparing dinners I welcomed the break from the oven.  Now, with all the running around I relish the opportunity to have a homemade meal with the munchkins. To celebrate our quiet evening I made one of Hubby's favorite dinners:  Poppyseed Chicken.

This recipe I received via email from a girlfriend in Tennessee.  We discussed favorite dinners and she suggested I try this one.  I did, and ever since the email printout has rested on top of my "Main Course" section in my recipe organizer.  Easy, different, and delicious. 

This dinner never disappoints, even Moopa gobbled up her little person portion. 

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken tenders or breasts (makes 4 servings)
1/2 container (8oz) sour cream (I use reduced fat)
1/2 can Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup (I use 99% fat free)
2 Tbs Sherry Cooking Wine
1/2 Sleeve Ritz Crackers
1/2 stick butter melted
Poppyseeds
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350.  Set aside 9x13 baking (or casserole) dish.


Cut chicken into chunks and set aside.


 In a bowl mix together sour cream and cream of chicken soup.  Add sherry.


Add chicken and mix to coat.


In another bowl crush Ritz crackers.  Melt the butter and pour over crushed crackers.  Sprinkle on poppyseed and mix well.


Spread chicken in a 9x13 baking dish or casserole dish.  Top chicken with Ritz mixture. 



Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbling and chicken is cooked through.



I like to serve with fresh steamed veggies, dinner rolls and a salad.

Now gather around the table with your family and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!