Monday, September 13, 2010

Love This Little Old Lady!


I cherish this book. 

First of all, the munchkins LOVE it.  They love the different voices I make for the little old lady, and the repetition. 

I love that we only read this book in the fall.  I am a stickler about seasonal books being read IN SEASON.  The same with watching seasonal movies.  If you get to enjoy something whenever it strikes your fancy it is never as special.  The excitement in the munchkins when I pull out the Halloween books is worth the trouble of stashing them away.

Lastly, this book is not very long.  It is a quick, satisfying children's book.  Much as I hate to admit my pleasure when my children choose a shorter bedtime story, I admit it wholeheartedly.  There are many tasks that are reserved for after bedtime.  Most importantly, "Mom" time.  These shorter stories are perfect for those nights when the laundry is stacked too high, lunches need to be made, and my favorite show is starting in an hour. 

Last night, when I settled in with two of my munchkins to read a bedtime story, I surprised them with our first Halloween read of the season.  And as I began, "Once upon a time, there was a little old lady..." the world stopped.  They rested their precious heads on my shoulders, snuggled in a little closer, and literally, time stood still.

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!