Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Great Way to End the Day: Pumpkin Face Pancakes

Reminder that today is the LAST DAY to enter Mommyhood's  Halloween Candy Extravaganza!  Don't miss out on the Halloween Fun!
Winner announced tomorrow morning!  

After a wonderfully chaotic day with my munchkins, I served these for dinner.  They would be great for Halloween Morning as well.  I added pumpkin to the recipe, which I posted below.  The pumpkin just added some zest, and is completely optional.
Leading up to our delightfully delicious Pumpkin Face 'Cakes, there were several highlights to my day:  

Moopa watching us wait for the bus. 

Moopa in her Pumpkin Suit.  

Marching in the parade with LLG while wearing my annual Halloween attire.  Attire is already in wash to wear again Sunday.

Watching my sweet as pie Sports Fanatic carve his 1st pumpkin (sniff sniff).

And finally, ending the day with these Pumpkin Face 'Cakes and the Shrek Halloween Special I DVR'd for the munchkins.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Pancake Mix Recipe:
Prepare dry pancake mix
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
I store this mix in my refrigerator for up to 2 months.  

Pancakes:
1 1/2 c. mix (above)
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1 large egg (slightly beaten)
1 TBSP oil
1/2 c. pumpkin puree (optional/seasonal)

Mix well.  Pour 1/4 batter on greased, hot griddle or nonstick skillet.

Once pancakes are bubbling, flip and cook approx. 2 minutes until done.


For face:  Candy Corn** eyes and nose, apple slice mouth, whipped cream hair.
**Substitute strawberries or blueberries for candy corns for a healthy, all year alternative.**

4 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! What a fun day. I just love those pancakes you made. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.....love her face smashed up against the window!! And her and her lovey :) SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!