Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Fun: Dipped Marshmallows

I saw these babies over the summer at the grocery store.
In case you haven't seen them, they are giant marshmallows. 

I resisted the urge to purchase these giant marshmallows when I first laid eyes on them.  I knew they could only lead to bad things.  Bad things like ingesting them.  Or finding a way to introduce them to my M&M's.

But after months of willing myself to ignore these bad boys, I bought them.  I stashed them safely out of munchkin reach.  And then I introduced them to my M&M's. 
And then it only took me moments to decide the fate of the giant marshmallows.  

I had to dip these suckers in chocolate.  And then dip them in the M&M's.  The perfect treat to lead into Halloween.

So I dipped.
 And I grabbed Halloween sprinkles and candy corn to go with my M&M's.

At first I decided to only make a few. 

And then I got carried away.

 
I thought of all the happiness these dipped marshmallows could bring to the world.

I kept dipping to ensure I had enough to share.

Individually wrapped they could be teacher or bus driver gifts.  On a platter they could wow a crowd at a Halloween Party.  And in my kitchen I could share with the munchkins.  This waist certainly doesn't need twenty four dipped mallows. 

To go along with this post, I will attach the easiest recipe in the universe:

Mommyhood's Dipped Marshmallows

1 bag Giant Campfire Marshmallows.

Milk chocolate chips (1 bag)

Sprinkles or small candies (optional)

Melt milk chocolate.
I have a Treat Dipper, (here is the link: Back to Basics PC17581 Gourmet Treat Dipper, Red) which is an excellent tool to melt chocolate easily.  If you plan on making any treats that require melted chocolate, I highly recommend one of these.  Makes life extremely easy.  I love easy as much as I love melted chocolate..

If you are melting chocolate in the microwave, place all but 1/4 cup chips in a sturdy glass bowl.  Microwave on high for 30 second intervals.  Check and stir chips after each interval.  Once chips are 90% melted, remove and add in 1/4 cup chips.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Should be smooth and creamy, and drip from fork or spoon.

Dip the marshmallows in the chocolate.

Decorate as you wish or leave plain.

To make life easy set them down in festive seasonal cupcake/muffin liners. 

Set aside at least 6 in an airtight container for yourself.  Once container is safely hidden, share the rest of the delectable mallows.  You'll be glad you did.

Happiness.  Pure Happiness.  You will hear music from the heavens above.  I guarantee it.

7 comments:

  1. It is probably a good thing that we are NOT neighbors..... Oh my!!! Those look amazing and I LOOOOOVE marshmellows!!! You just took them to a new level :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM....I may have to make these for the Halloween Party we're going to on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious!!! My 4 year old is looking over my shoulder and he wants to go to the grocery NOW to get stuff to make these. I guess we will be making these for our neighbors. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gonna lie, I almost stole the batch you made for mom because they looked so incredibly delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look so good and easy too. I'll definitely be trying these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodie,

    I swear you are trying to sabotage my "good intentions" of cutting down on sweets.

    I don't know how long I can resist....

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!