Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hot Holiday Toy #1 (drum roll please....)

As I discover what is most coveted by all tiny munchkins around the world this holiday season, I will post them and file them under Holiday Fun Tab.  I will also add any ideas, tips, recipes and holiday money savers.  Be sure to bookmark in order to check back for reference!

Now before I reveal my toy, I want to note that I first posted this before lunch.  I just received my newest issue of Family Fun Magazine at 3pm, and the cover has  "#1 Toy of the Year! (check page 98)".  I turned to page 98 and saw.....the toy I posted before lunch!!!!  I'm good, but I didn't realize I was THAT good!

Drum roll......

Toy #1:
Mattel Sing-a-Ma-Jigs. 
According to Toys R Us, these are one hot item.  I had the pleasure of playing with one at Kohl's about a week ago.  I was intrigued.  It was a "what the heck is this??" moment.  A toy I'd never seen?  Could it be?  Needless to say I was very amused.  They sing when you squeeze their tummies and I found myself trying all different octaves and noises.  I forced myself to return it to the shelf before I was one of those awful shoppers who ran it out of batteries or broke it without purchasing.

Check prices before buying because I have seen prices vary on these.  Toys R' Us (Link on my sidebar) currently has on of the best prices I have seen aside from Walmart, at $12.99/piece.  Walmart currently has them for right around $12.00, but they are already out of stock online.

Click here for Family Fun link.

3 comments:

  1. For real?? LOL!! I think it is kind of scary looking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the news last week and thought...I could spend a lot of time playing with this! Jodie - I love your blog. I may be making peppermint patties this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura!!! And I have to say, that toy was extremely entertaining!!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!