Sunday, October 3, 2010

Moments

Mommyhood is complicated.  Mommyhood is busy.  Mommyhood has its moments.

As thankful as I am for my munchkins, I need my time away to breathe.  When I'm taking my time to breathe, I miss my munchkins.  I can't win.

I love to work, but I wish I didn't have to be away at bedtime.  I despise missing playtime on a sunny Saturday (today was a perfect example).  

But I love interacting with people, and having a purpose outside my home.  The time away refreshes me.  It also makes Hubby step up and care for the munchkins.  He does a phenomenal job by the way.  

I also love my own paycheck, which I cash and hand over to a competitive gymnastics school every ten weeks.  I will never take an opportunity away from my munchkins.  Never. 

With work, the start of school, football and gymnastics September was a busy month.  We had many nights of tag team munchkin trade offs and we needed volunteer babysitters.  We worked on getting back into a school routine.  I fell into bed on weeknights always well after midnight, only to arise to get the munchkins ready for the bus hours later. 

Yes, September was busy.  I blinked my eyes and it's October.  Scary stuff.  Halloween scary. 

But even with all the chaos one day can bring, one moment can erase all the insanity.  These are some of my "moments" from September.  My sanity saving moments...

 Awakening one quiet morning to a sister reading to her little brother ( my little B.F.F.s)...
Moopa discovering waffles....
Sports Fanatic making his first tackle of the season (you didn't think you were getting away without football in my post did you?)
New clothes that are still clean ten minutes after being dressed (it's a miracle!)...
 My 1st baby coming into his own little person...confident and happy....he rocks that uniform...
Surprising our munchkins with an outing of mini golf and go-carting (man we are cool parents, er, WERE cool parents for about 2 hrs)....
Seeing a hot football coach and then realizing he's your Hubby...(I know, I know, more football...but I couldn't help myself)...

The beauty of Mommyhood is that there is so much beauty in every day.  Enough to make all the chaos disappear.  The days may fly by, but they are full of breathtaking, "this is worth it" moments.

I wish you many "moments" today.  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank GOD for those "moments". We are blessed everyday! Love u guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!