Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Mommy Must Haves

Other than a shower and my daily vices of Diet Coke and ice cream, I don't need much other than my family to get through my day.  But there are key items that bring our household to a standstill if they are not readily available. 

The first is dish soap.  I wash dishes and bottles by hand at least four times a day.  Maybe more.  I loathe dishes in my sink.  Makes me irritable.  (Yes, I do have a dishwasher for anyone who is wondering.  I just refuse to fill it every day because then I would have to empty it every day.  I prefer several small jobs to one gigantic one).

That thought brings me to the second item, rubber gloves.  My hands would resemble sandpaper and the skin might flake off entirely without these dollar store beauties.  Aside from protecting my hands from scalding water, they also serve me well when I need to clean toilets.  Which I unfortunately do several times a week.

Paper Towels.  There is more spray down and wipe clean than I care to admit in my house.  I also would rather use a paper towel to serve a sandwich because paper plates get pricey when you have four kids eating 3 meals a day on them.

Bread.  When all else fails, serve cinnamon toast or peanut butter and jelly.

Milk.  Because heaven forbid we run out of bread, serve cereal.

Windex.  Ever see a glider door or a television screen when the sun shines on it and munchkins have been around?  Yikes.

Diapers.  No need to elaborate.

Wipes.  See diapers.

And last, but not least, Diet Coke and Ice Cream.

Oh wait, you already knew that.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a very cute and entertaining blog. So much for having an ultrasound tell us It's a girl!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!