Friday, November 5, 2010

Cupcake Cookies

I decided to post an easy recipe for the weekend.  Why? Because I am a firm believer in weekend baking.  Weekend baking means weekend indulging.

I bust my tushie all week long.  I worry about making the bus, homework, what time we have to leave for practice, who is bothering who, what to make for dinner, when to hide, where to hide, and what is Moopa currently destroying.

Weekends are for sleep, family, football and FOOD.  And if Moopa wants to destroy something I will deal with it on Monday.

Today my weekend kicks off with a Super Cool Parenting Event.  At least I think so.

It's an inside look at what goes on in the cafeteria of my munchkins' school.  A sneak peek at who is hangin' with who.  An up close and personal account of what exactly happens at lunchtime.

I am headed into my munchkins' school to help with the snack sale.  Love it.

To be ultra cool, I prepared these incredible easy Cupcake "Happy Face" Cookies.  I have to readily admit they were inspired by Funfetti (which is a Betty Crocker Cake Mix).  Betty Crocker now sells Funfetti in a cookie version.  Cupcakes as cookies, delish. 

I also have to readily admit the faces on these cookies are kind of scary.  Like little Cookie Clowns.  I apologize for scaring anyone such as Hubby with Cookie Clown Faces.  

Cookie "Happy Face" Cupcakes:

cake mix, 1/3 c. applesauce, and 2 eggs.  Decor is optional.  They are delicious regardless of whether or not they are sporting a scary "Happy Clown" face. 

Mommyhood recommends frosting for just about anything other than pasta,  so please buy frosting if you do not stockpile it like I do.  Or make some frosting, and then give me the recipe since I am always on the hunt for good frosting.

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine cake mix, applesauce and 2 eggs in large bowl.  Mix well with large spoon or beat on low speed with mixer.  Dough will be thick and sticky.  If dough is too sticky to handle I sprinkle some flour in to make life easier.

Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 6-8 minutes, until edges are just lightly brown.  DO NOT OVERBAKE!  These must remain moist and plump, like cupcakes. 
Let cool on pan for a minute, then transfer to wire rack.  Cool completely.

Once cooled, frost and decorate as desired.  I beg you to at least use sprinkles.  The beauty of these Cookies is how versatile they are.  You can make "sandwiches" with frosting in the middle, top with candy corn, sprinkles, M&M's, or do them "Mommyhood" Clown Face Style.  
T.G.I.F.
Enjoy it!
Don't forget to check out my Mommyhood Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I think the clowns are precious- not scary at all! And they are making me HUNGRY!! lol. Stopping by from Mom Loop- and I just became your newest follower as well. So happy to find a new great blog!!

    Hope to see your face around Milk and Cuddles & Mom Loop more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY clowns! Thanks for joining my bloghop.. I follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie cupcakes! Yeah-I'm all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies are so cute! I was reading some schools now require only store-bought baked goods be sold at bake sales now due to food allergies. There's something about home-baked ones that make them so special.

    Following you from Blog Frog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love cookies are so cute! My kids would just love them.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!