Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Elf on the Shelf

This post is not sponsored.  I felt the need to share a very special tradition with my blogging pals.

Every year an Elf named Stanley comes to our house.

Seriously, he does.

He arrives on Thanksgiving, and stays until Christmas Eve.

He hides in my home, and every morning the munchkins rush to find him.
 He is creepy looking.  Handmade looking.  He hails from the North Pole and watches everything we do.

I am constantly watching my back.  

At night he flies back to Santa and reports on our behavior.  He then returns again and is always in a different place when we awake.
 Hence the munchkins flying out of bed at warp speed to find him every day.

When he first arrives on Thanksgiving, he has a bag of goodies for the munchkins.  Chocolates, puzzles, or small toys.

And every so often he brings a new surprise.  He even hand delivers our letters to Santa.

This little Elf has enhanced our Christmas three fold.  We adore him.  He keeps the munchkins in check when the overexcited madness starts to take over and turns them into little gremlins.

The sight of him, or a gentle reminder of him brings behavior back to Mommyhood standards.

Stanley only has one rule:  You can not touch him, or the magic is gone.

He will never return.

We have never attempted ruining the wonderful magic that surrounds Stanley or Christmas.

There is so much magic in Christmas I tear up thinking about it.  

If you care to have one of Stanley's friends reside in you home, check out the link below.  Or visit a local bookstore.

My niece and nephews have Stanley's buddy, Cookie.  He keeps tabs on the cousins.  There is much Elf discussion once these little guys arrive around Thanksgiving.

These Elves bring squeals of delight to munchkins everywhere.  I guarantee it.

Invite one into your home, and then clean up your act.  He'll be watching.



Monday blog Hop!


Just Married with Coupons

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I have wanted one of these and will probably get one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness---we are DEFINITELY getting one of those this year! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...This is too cute! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I'm visiting from the hop and became a follower...would be thrilled if you returned the love! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower via the Monday Hop :)
    Jen @ My Secret Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I am new to your blog from Mailbox Monday. I have enjoyed reading through your posts. You have made me laugh!

    We have had an Elf for 2 years, this will be our 3rd year. We had a hard time explain all the Elf of Shelf in the stores last year. The first year, my kids thought they were the only ones with an Elf. We got our best mileage out of it that year. It is a great family tradition!

    Please consider following me back - www.peaceandscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I am looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have Christopher PopinKins here- not so scary looking, same idea. I love the tradition and my kids go nuts looking for him each morning!

    thanks for joining mailbox monday! i'm your newest email subscriber

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the page girl! I'm hopping around tonight and found you. Come visit soon! http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    Also, leave your link on my blog hop so others can come visit you too!

    Kate
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your blog from Mailbox Monday and I'm now following you via email and Google Friend Connect!

    As for the Elf on a Shelf - I had to laugh. I worked at Barnes and Noble part time last year and we used to get such a kick out of how weird they were and how fast people were scooping them up! It was crazy! I think you have a fabulous tradition going and I may just have to steal the idea once my little boy is old enough to play along. Looking forward to reading your blog in the future!

    elfafamilyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA, I forgot to move our elf last night and yes, my daughter pointed it out to me this morning! Oops

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!