Saturday, November 20, 2010

I'm Thankful, I'm Thankful, I'm Thankful....

To celebrate Thanksgiving, I'm posting something I am thankful for every day until next Thursday.  After today they will be "footnotes" to my daily post....

I'm thankful for so much I could post something everyday for a year...but it would eventually lead to not having to wipe a butt because Hubby was closer to the bathroom.

And no one needs to know that.  But in case you're wondering, that is super high on my list.

To kick off Thankfulness posting, I will begin with the obvious.  I am thankful for my family, my health and my home.

I am thankful my munchkins hang on my legs (which drives me insane) because it means they need me.  It means they are home.  It means I have them.
 It means I can look down at their precious faces and squeeze them with embraces. 

I am thankful for my family because they lift me up, keep me above water and keep me going.  They pitch in whenever I need it, no questions asked.  They give up their time to lend me a hand.  And they are the most fantastical people on Earth.  I wish everyone could have the pleasure of their company.  Just being near them makes me warm, fuzzy and happy.
I am thankful for my health.  I am thankful for my body because it nurtured and carried four miracles for nine months.  I am thankful my legs can run to my munchkins and my arms can hug them.  Every day I need to remind myself that what my body can do far outweighs its appearance.
 A softer tummy means four strong munchkins lived there for nine months.  A few wrinkles means many, many laughs.

I am thankful for my home because it houses the priceless, irreplaceable family I have been blessed with.  Sure there is much I would change if money allowed, but what is living inside the walls is so much more important than what is on them.
And since I've already gone there, I am thankful when Hubby is closer in proximity to the John or the Moopa when butt wiping is involved.  I am so very thankful every time a butt gets wiped by Hubby.

I have no photographic evidence of butt wiping.  Amen.

What are you Thankful for?

5 comments:

  1. The butt wiping had me in giggles! Your kids are gorgeous and I love that your home is a home because of them, not because of the things. Things are just things. Thanks for sharing your gratefuls with us. Happy Grateful Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Your kids are gorgeous and you are a very lucky and blessed mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am thankful my munchkins hang on my legs (which drives me insane) because it means they need me. It means they are home. It means I have them."..... (Should I say, "I second the motion?..hehe) I just love this to bits! Wonderful post Jodie! Be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list of reasons to be thankful.We don't have thanksgiving day, but it seems like such a wonderful day.

    great to discover your blog, pop over to bigwords if you get a moment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from the blog hop. I like your blog name. I am thankful for my family, my health and the roof over my head. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!