Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mommyhood Recipe: Chicken Parmigiana Casserole

I threw this together the other night when I needed a quick dinner.  I needed to make something fantastic enough to please one Hubby and four "I'm starving" munchkins.  And I needed to make it with what I had on hand.

No grocery store for me.

I refused.

I don't like the grocery store.

My $100.00 is so much more fun to spend at Target.

After a quick inventory of the kitchen, I decided to create a Chicken Parmigiana Casserole.  I realize this recipe probably exists somewhere in the world, but I've never seen it.  And I guarantee my version is the easiest.

I didn't even cook my own chicken.

I'm a total cheater. 

Chicken Parmigiana Casserole
3 precooked breaded chicken breasts or tenders (I used low fat Perdue tenders that were chillin' in my fridge)
1 box whole wheat pasta (or get crazy and eat white pasta,  I won't tell.)
1 jar tomato and basil pasta sauce (your favorite, I use Rinaldi's)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Basil seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350.

Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. 

While pasta is cooking chop chicken and toss into frying pan over medium high heat.  Sprinkle with basil or any other seasoning your tummy desires.

Toss and heat until crispy and delicious.

Drain pasta.  Return to pan and add sauce.  Toss to coat.

Pour pasta in 9"x13" baking dish.  Top with chicken and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and dish is sizzlin'.

Serve with warm bread and salad.  Watch family inhale happily.
 Everyone loves chicken parm.  This is an easy delish twist. 

Happy Thursday!  I love Thursdays.  Almost the weekend.   Enjoy it! 
Thursday blog hops!
Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop

10 comments:

  1. This looks totally yummy! I am now following you thanks to Think Of Me Thursday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to stop by today because we continue with our Show Yo' Flow Campaign, and you don't want to miss the interview we have on Jessica and the amazing surprises she has for our readers:) See you there! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie,

    That sounds deliciously easy to make and will kind of copy this version soon.

    Thanks for this idea.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog and adorable kids. I am following you back from Think of me Thursday. Thanks for stopping by http://www.bellycharmsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word...I have to make that. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM yum!

    I'm a new follower! I'm following from Think of me Thursday :) If you have a moment would you mind following me back?

    http://mommyof2monkies.blogspot.com/

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously need to be more creative when it comes to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an easy recipe to keep on hand!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I made this on Tuesday when we were (again) snowed in! I had some chicken thighs, pasta & spaghetti sauce...so I remembered your recipe ! Everyone loved it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I saw your comment on The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website for the Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole (which is in my oven right now). Thank you for posting a link to your recipe! I love chicken parm and this sounds delicious and kid-friendly AND freezer-friendly! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm!!! I'm making this like ASAP. Maybe even for lunch tomorrow. Come over and see my white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. www.candysfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!