Friday, December 10, 2010

5 ? Friday! And Fill in the Blank Friday! Did I Mention it's Friday?

Oh how I look forward to Mama M's five question Friday.  The Thursday evening brainless ritual of question answering sings to my mushy Mommyhood mind.

To keep with tradition, I did not preview these questions.  I'm so bad.  So dangerous.  Crazy to the core.

I'm pasting....

1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Both.  If my Inlaws visit they come for Christmas Eve.  We exchange with them, and we always do our small family exchange before bed Christmas Eve. The munchkins buy for eachother and we don't want their tiny yet thoughtful gifts to get lost in the Christmas morning insanity.

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?
I love cookies and candies all year, every day, every hour.  To make me choose a favorite anything that has sugar as the 1st ingredient is virtually impossible.  But, there are a few goodies I only enjoy/bake in December...
Peanut Butter Blossoms (holy heck I want to marry that cookie)
My Mother's Lekvar Cookies
And I'm sure about a dozen more will come to me in my sleep...but the brain is being dumbed down by the cast of Jersey Short on my television set. 

I need a minute, I just heard Barbara Walters say the "Situation" made 10 million dollars this year.  

Ok, I can continue.  That was just a lot to swallow...

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?  
I did receive ketchup one year.  Wrapped.  Don't ask.

4. Christmas song that you love? 
Do You Hear What I Hear by Third Day.  If you do nothing else today buy it on itunes.  I cry every time I hear it.

5. How many trees do you put up?   
One. We used to put up two, one for us and one for the munchkins.  This was an anal retentive way for me to decorate my own tree as I desired, Martha Stewart style with bows and white lights.  

It took me two years to let it go and let my munchkins have at the family tree.  That's what Christmas is about.  Lettin' the munchkins get crazy and learning to let them be kids. 
Random picture off my computer....what will it be???  The suspense is killing me!  I'm browsing....
Our dog as a puppy!  I do not miss those pee and poo in the house days....

Fill in the blank Friday...
Just stumbled upon this blog hop...looks like good time...I'm pasting...
1.   I wish  for nothing other than health and happiness for my entire family.  And a money tree would help as well.

2.  Yesterday I  took my daughter to gymnastics and while she was there I dined with my 9 yr old son at McDonalds.  Then I relaxed while blogging, wrapping and watching Christmas movies.  Wish my answer was a little more exciting...

3.  Today I will go to parent/teacher conferences (always a hoot) and then decorate ornaments and eat pizza with my little circus.

4.  Tomorrow I will   go to a double header basketball game, then clean and prepare to have our little Christmas Soiree with our dear friends.  Evening will bring food, booze, lots of Diet Coke for me, and laughs.

5.  Maybe    I could maybe all day. 

6.  Someday   I want to be financially secure.

7.  I love my family.  A warm bed.  Ice Cream.  Diet Coke.  Soft Pretzels. Christmas.  The first snow.  The Smell of Spring.  Church. Disney World.  The sun on my face.  Swimming.  Nights out with my Hubby and parents. And playing roulette.  Amen.
-------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. Off to see if I can find Third Day on YouTube...this Christmas music is gonna kill me! You've gotta watch Helga's link (above yours) to Chris Brown's video...it made me teary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great answers!

    Thanks for swinging by my blog - stopping in to say hi and I'm excited to follow all your adventures now, too.
    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blog!

    i'm your newest follower from fill in the blank friday.

    i look forward to reading more. i'd love for you to come by my blog and follow back.

    http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at Georgia....ahhhhhh!! Ketchup would be the perfect gift for Jeff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from the hop. The cookie recipes got me to click to follow button! Feel free to check my blog out.
    http://kyeouze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!