Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cinnamon Swirl Bread: A Recipe

I have had some requests to post the recipe for the Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

I can't blame any of my readers who desire white bread swirled with cinnamon sugar, hot out of a bread machine.  (No bread machine? Scroll down for a recipe from the Pioneer Woman).

Happy Bread Making!

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Set Aside 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon.

In breadmaker, fitted with kneading paddle, add (in this order):
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons room temperature butter
1 egg at room temperature (place egg in moderately hot water for approx 10 minutes to warm to room temperature)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 and 1/2 cups bread flour
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Select white bread, I make a light crust.  My bread machine pauses, for "mix ins".   I then remove and roll out on a floured surface to approx. 1/4 " thick.  Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar mixture and tightly roll, pinching ends.  Place back in breadmaker to finish rising and baking.

This makes a 1 and 1/2 pound loaf.

**To make without bread machine, use this recipe: Homemade Cinnamon Bread **

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to make this...it looks yummy and easy..both of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!