Friday, December 17, 2010

Five Question Friday!

I will not bore everyone with another introduction on how much I love 5 question Friday.

On second thought, I can't resist.  Here it goes....

Tonight I had a full schedule.  It involved making bon bons, dipping twizzlers in chocolate, playing two games of Chutes and Ladders, cleaning the disgusting mess I made in the kitchen, reading The Christmas Story, working on sight words and putting munchkins in bed.

I am not finished.  I then decided it was necessary to get some Christmas gifts in order and organized.  Laundry needed attention, clothes were set out for school and at midnight I settled in for another exhilarating DVR'd episode of 16 and Pregnant. 

When I finally came upstairs to settle into bed at 1am, it came to my attention that I needed some grooming.  Eyebrows and nails can only be ignored for so long before you start looking like a mountain woman.

Hubby did NOT sign up for marriage to a mountain woman.  As it is he claims I was a "false advertisement".

All nineteen year olds are false advertisements.  I was barely legal.

He's stuck with me now.

And he loves every minute of my seven layers of flannels.

Back to my point about loving 5 ? Friday....it is now 2am and I don't need to dream up a fascinating Mommyhood post.

As always, I did not preview these questions....

I'm pasting....

1. Do you regift...and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?  When necessary, I am a re-gifter.  Gulp.  Cat is out of the bag.  No horror stories.  But I have been known to re-gift an unopened toy or a Yankee Candle if I was desperate.  

But my regifts are always awesome.  I swear (trying too save face here...).

2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?  The only item I asked for is a Shredder.  And I can't wait to shred.  Seriously.

3. Who brings the most gifts in your family, you or Santa? Santa brings it all except one gift Christmas Eve.  

4. What store do you love to by jeans from? Lucky (outlet).  I also love to wear Seven for all Mankind (I can't say "buy", they were a generous gift from Mom...).  

I have J. Crew jeans (gift) and they are pretty awesome too.

Gap is more my price range, but they stretch too much.  I put them on, love 'em, then before I know it I'm helping my son tie his shoe and my "bum crack" is mooning everyone in a 100 foot radius.

Classy.

5. Christmas meal: Big, All Out Meal or Snacks and Apps? Oooohhhh.....BIG, DELICIOUS brunch at my mom and dad's.  Followed by snacking all day, and we finish with our family recipe for Chicken and Dumplings.  Can't wait.  90% of my nourishment the past three days has been provided by cookie dough.  I'm craving some serious vitamins and minerals.  And protein.  I'm craving something not primarily made of sugar.

Did I just type that?  Somewhere in the world pigs are flying.

It is now 2:20am, and I think my freshly groomed self could use some beauty sleep.  

But not before I find a random picture from my computer to add to this super informative award winning post.  

The suspense must be killing you.

Winner is....
The Gymnastics Queen opening her #1 Christmas Wish last year...American Girl!


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have managed to regift w/ out getting busted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with re-gifting??? Its better that someone will enjoy it right?? At least that's what I tell myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Do you regift...and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?
    I regifted the skinny Santa on the old fashioned, big wheel bicycle (that I mentioned last week). The person ultimately rejected it and it ended up on my mother's dresser.

    2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?
    Yes

    3. Who bring the most gifts in your family, you or Santa?
    Me

    4. What store do you love to buy jeans from?
    QVC - Personify by Denim & Co.

    5. Christmas meal: Big, All Out Meal or Snacks and Apps?
    Big, All Out Meal

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom usually does snacks and apps and then a huge meal. I love when the presents are all opened and it is late and then we all hit the fridge for the leftovers. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!