Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge

This fudge is a big deal around here. 
Hubby took it to three different accounts today and there were raves, back flips and requests for MORE MORE MORE!

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating in the back flips and raves. 

But when Hubby reported even HE took a few pieces, and added, "Oh man that stuff is GOOD", I knew this fudge was the real deal.

Hubby only gives credit where credit is due.  

I have no idea how I came up with this recipe.  I remember slaving over the stove and wasting bags of chips trying to perfect it.

I hate wasting chocolate chips.  Love those little guys.

I haven't made this fudge in four years.  I was peeking through my recipe book for something fast and easy last night.

Sign me up for fast and easy anything.  I live for fast and easy.  Add in delicious and we are in business.

Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge

1 can sweetened condensed milk, separated
1 11 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
3/4 of 11 oz. bag white chocolate chips
1/4 generous cup peanut butter (very generous)
1 tsp vanilla, separated

Line 9x13 baking dish with wax paper.

Over low heat, in heavy saucepan, heat milk chocolate chips and 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk.
Stir continuously until smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

Pour into lined baking dish.  You may not fill entire dish end to end, just spread evenly.
 Refrigerate 30 minutes.

While milk chocolate fudge is setting, heat other 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter over low heat.

FYI, Mommyhood's version of a "generous" 1/4 cup peanut butter:
When mixture is smooth and starts to bubble,
add 3/4 bag white chocolate chips.  Stir continuously until smooth.
Mixture will have a fun, tacky consistency.  Resist the urge to play with it and stir all day.  People are waiting for fudge.
Remove from heat, and stir in other 1/2 vanilla. 

Grab dish with chocolate fudge from fridge.  Pour white chocolate peanut butter mixture over top and spread evenly.

Refrigerate another 30-60 minutes until firm.

Store in refrigerator.

You will need to give some away to family, friends or neighbors to ensure you don't inhale all of the fudge in a few days time.

Your family, friends and acquaintances will thank you, and your butt will thank me for making "sharing" a requirement of the recipe.

A little bit of fudge is good.  A lot of fudge is not good.  And all of the fudge will make your butt gigantic.

The End.

Happy Hump Day!  (That phrase is wrong on so many levels.  I'm giggling like a school girl.)

Mommyhood Riddle (courtesy of my lovely Gymnastics Queen):  

What did Mrs. Claus say to Santa when she looked out the window?

I see Rain, Dear.

Holy Cow, a "Hump Day" Blog Hop! (am I still in grade school?)
 Its Hump Day!Fun blog hop! Where in the World ARE you?
Just Married with Coupons

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! Uhm, I'll give HALF to friends and relatives, then KEEP the other half to myself... I mean, the kids & hubby!!! LOL! (hello, gigantic butt!)

    This looks so good, Jodie! Thanks for ruining my diet (again!) LOL :) Be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stopping by on my travels around the world when I had to do a double take on this yummy fudge recipe. I am not only a follower but I am also a subscriber. Can't wait to see what else you got!
    Denise
    www.clothinglabels4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from Wyoming, USA
    On the Global Hop!
    Can you kindly give me a follow back? If you stop in, please just click like on FB. It's a pretty new page. Much obliged!
    http://grandma-sez-so.blogspot.com/2010/12/where-in-world-are-you-global-blog-hop.html
    Are you participating in the Handmade With Love Winter Giveaway? Anyone welcome! I'm accepting sponsors right now. Have a good one.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fudge looks AMAZING! I would have never have thought to include white chocolate.

    Thanks for joining the Global Blog Hop! I am your newest follower from Nova Scotia, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that looks yummy!! i have to make that for hubby he loves anything peanut butter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeahh
    i just felt yummy yummy....
    wow chocolates i love chocolates...

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!