Friday, December 10, 2010

Ornament Fun

Last year I hustled my frugal behind to Target a few days after Christmas in search of clearance merchandise for the following year.

I scored wrapping paper, tissue paper, wall decor and these plain glass ornaments.
The second I saw them (and their red clearance tag) I grabbed a box.  I knew they would be ideal for an ornament decorating evening with the munchkins.

Tonight was that special evening.
I gathered glue, and glitter.  I bought a small container of $0.97 puff paint from Walmart.  I set up little work stations and we got crazy.
Hubby was in charge of using the puff paint to mark each ornament with the year and the artist.  I was in charge of anything that needed "in charging".  It was a perfect system.

We spent a fabulous 1/2 hour around our kitchen table gluing, glittering and listening to Christmas tunes. 

We finished with 8 unique, colorful ornaments.
 There was no ideal place to dry them due to globs of glue and glitter.  Hubby decided to hang them from our cabinet knobs.
 About an hour later there was a casualty.  A man down.

I was a tad reckless putting the cookie pans away.  We'll just say there was a collision and the cookie pan won.

Cookie pans are the real deal.  They command the right of way in the kitchen like my SUV does on the road.

The surviving ornaments total 8.  Place your bets now what the count will be by this evening.

Survival pending, these ornaments will add even more pizazz to our overflowing Christmas tree.  And we set aside three for my mom and dad's tree trim on Sunday.

Wishing you family time this weekend.  There is nothing more soul cleansing.

Footnote: Christmas is around the corner, get some shopping done!

10 comments:

  1. Very Nice ornaments.
    Following yu now from the weekend hop. Come say hi when you get a chance!!
    Tawanna
    www.momsguidetotravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm blog hopping today hoping to make new friends and landed here. 8 ornaments is not a bad total to start with....they look good anyway. Mine are old and dusty now! I have added myself as your newest follower on GFC .
    I'm off to browse around your blog now. Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I'd be delighted welcome you. I am a vision of the future!
    Warmest wishes
    Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do have to get some shopping done and stat! I don't know why I've waited so long...no wait I do, I just haven't been in the mood. The last 2 months have been some of the most stressful months in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep them out of Moopa's reach.....heard she is in baby Godzilla mode these days w/ the tree and ornaments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Next year when the twins are a older I will try makig ornaments with them. Thanks for being part of Pacifiers, Pumps & The World Fun Weekend Blog Hop and following. I'm already a follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make an ornament every year, one for ourselves and one to give away to all our friends and family :) Love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just start off by saying, I LOVE the definition of "mommy sweat" -- so funny and true. LOL. This is such a good idea -- going to Target (I LOVE Target!) after Christmas to snag some good deals for next year Christmas. I hate to admit that I never thought of that before, but it's simply genius. The ornaments look so cool and I'm sure it was super fun to make 'em. And creative.

    Thanks for visiting my blog via the blog hop. It was my first time doing a blog hop and it was so much FUN -- I definitely met some great moms! Yay! I'm now following you and can not wait to connect more with you through our posts.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm already following you but I'm stopping by through the Fun Weekend Blog Hop. I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm following from relax and surf sunday! You can link up any giveaways you have on my giveaway linky list if you stop by.

    Have a great night!

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodie -

    Make sure you do your best to save all of these (and any ornaments the rugrats EVER make!) You know they'll become the most cherished ones down the line. Heck, I still have the ones I made with your mother, back when she babysat me, and they're my favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!