Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Mommyhood Christmas

A Mommyhood Christmas plays out pretty much the same way every year.  To summarize:

We watch A Christmas Story from 8pm Christmas Eve until 8pm Christmas Night.
The munchkins share anticipation and excitement, resulting in an evening of glorious sibling harmony.
Quality cookies are left for Santa. 

Dad reads "The Night Before Christmas", and the stockings are hung by the staircase with care (until the money tree arrives and we build a great room with a fireplace...).
Mom and Dad get in bed approximately 2am, while visions of sugarplums dance in our munchkins heads.
We are awakened by munchkins approximately five hours later, and Dad stumbles down the stairs to "see if Santa came". 

Gift opening begins, and smiles stretch from ear to ear.  The wait is finally over!  New toys have arrived!
Despite my best efforts to look presentable for the surplus of Christmas morning photos, I always look like this:
The munchkins immediately play with their presents from Santa.
 And breakfast is the snacks Santa left in our stockings.
 Sometime during the day, my parents somehow always shock us with a giant gift we would never purchase ourselves.
By midmorning, we shower and dress in our new Christmas clothes.  We then spend the day at my parents' house opening gifts and enjoying a brunch that could feed a small country.  

After gift opening, one of my brothers always has the pleasure of putting together some annoying toy with over 1,000 tiny parts.
As the day turns into night, there inevitably is some type of shenanigan such as the "Feats of Strength".  Something super tough like ab crunches with a child on your knees.
Every year there is one gift given to all men that can be universally enjoyed.  Something everyone wants but would never buy themselves.  Something useful and classy.
We finish our day by feasting on our annual Christmas dinner.  Homemade chicken and dumplings, as only my mom can make them.
Hope your Christmas was just as Merry as mine.  And now, onto mess organization.
Happy Monday!

Mommy Blog Hop!  I'm the featured blogger!  What a great Christmas gift!
Sippy Cups and Cloth Bums

9 comments:

  1. I'm following you from the blog hops I'd love if you stopped by to follow back & link up to my Mommy Mondays hop!

    Tania from http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "bed head" is part of the christmas morning charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from the blog hop! Feel free to stop by my blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! Congrats on being the featured blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower. Came by from the blog hop! Would love to have you stop by and follow my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always watch a Christmas Story... I just love it so much lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm a new follower fromt he blog hop. I would love for you to follow back at Tips for Saving
    http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com

    Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas...everyone looks so happy!

    KIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Coming from Mommy Blog Monday..Great Christmas post! Now that you talk about yourself, it reminds me I didn't take any picture of myself on Christmas morning....lol....ooopppsss! Congrats for being featured!
    http://pinkyslearningworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!