Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tree Trim Fun For Everyone

Today we grabbed the munchkins from school and embarked on our annual quest to find the perfect Christmas tree.

We normally cut our tree down, but the lack of time brought us to a local nursery instead.
The munchkins ran like animals being released into the wild.  I heard "Mom! Look at this one!" approximately 100 times.  Those words were coming from every direction.  Along with a nasty glare from the sun.
 But I will never complain about sunshine.  I love it too dearly.

After we decided on the perfect tree (perfect being debatable), we headed home for tree trimming fun.

Tree trimming was a roaring success based solely on the fact that the tree remained upright.

There was no alarming crash; no shattered ornaments all over the floor.

No little feet rushing down the stairs full of worry.

No laughing, er, watching as Hubby struggled to fix the tree.

Man our tree trim was dull compared to last year.

This year was simply munchkins everywhere, enthusiastically trimming their precious tree.
 Moopa was, in particular, extremely excited.
The commotion and shiny ornaments were thrilling.  She happily tried to assist with the decorating as all other munchkins begged for me to put her in bed.
The universal complaint was that she "was ruining everything!"  Moopa likes to remove ornaments from the tree rather than add them.  And being the fourth baby entitles her to (within reason) do as she pleases.  Because quite frankly I'm tired.  And what doesn't hurt her keeps her entertained.

But we finally put her to bed because we were making no progress with her "remove all ornaments" decorating method.

I then watched as 90% of the ornaments ended up at munchkin eye level in the front center of the tree.  This is standard procedure in our house.

Every year, after munchkin bedtime I spend an hour rearranging the ornaments.

No branch on my Christmas tree wants for ornaments once I'm done trimming. Which is how it should be.  Ornaments aplenty.
Did you get your tree?  Enjoy every minute this holiday season!

8 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower from the Saturday Blog hop. Hope you will stop by http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/ and say Hi anytime. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a "DECORATED" tree!!! :) Love it!! I must say that I enjoyed the stories from last year's "tree crashing" event though....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! We don't have ours yet. Just curious, is Moopa a nickname? It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and your last birth story tonight. my second was zero to delivery in a hour, my next was zero to delivery in 10 minutes. luckily i was already at the hospital both times and that is with being induced

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping By to Say Hi! I am your newest Follower and would love it if you could check out my new Blog Confesssions of a Giveaway Addict

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I’m now following your neat blog from Relax & Surf Sunday. My Facebook page “Inspire” has inspiring messages. I post original quotes up to 3 times a day. Love for you to visit!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time!

    I just found your blog through one of the Sunday Blog Hops! Have a good rest of the weekend.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! Your finished tree is so pretty. We have bad allergies and have to have fake tree, I miss going out and picking the "perfect" tree!

    p.s. I'm your 100th follower! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!