Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Unsocial Butterfly


Over the weekend my Aunt was lovely enough to host a Christmas gathering for our very large family.

Just my family alone, with my parents, siblings, wives and husbands of siblings and any resulting offspring is 20 people.

Did that just make sense?

Anyhow, my point is that we are a LOT of people.  Add us to any other people and it's a party.  Every time.

At this Christmas gathering, it became apparent that Moopa is not a social butterfly.  We had an inkling from past experience this may be the case.

This past weekend our inkling was no more.  Moopa likes her little circle of peeps.

I can't blame her.  I am a huge advocate of having a small circle of great peeps rather than a huge circle of mediocre peeps.

And I also am a huge advocate of Easter peeps.

Here is photographic evidence of Moopa's dissatisfaction with large gatherings in unfamiliar places.

This is Moopa when we arrived.  Sweet, dainty and thinkin' "Who are these people? Whose kitchen is this?  I wonder where they keep their pots and pans?"
This is Moopa as more family arrived.  She is now thinking, "If I cling to Dad's jeans the world will be right again.  I will be in my kitchen.  And then I can open drawers and throw tupperware."

Dad's jeans did not do the trick.  Public meltdown is brewing.
This is Moopa as party is in full swing.  Meltdown in effect.
And an hour later...meltdown going strong.  Many coasters were thrown in protest.
This is me trying to hold Moopa out of a picture.  Look far right. 
You can tell I have a zillion munchkins because I am still completely unfazed and relaxed.  You can also tell I have a zillion munchkins because I finally just decided to give Moopa cookies.  I don't even think I fed her dinner.  Unless you count the cookies.
And it was all uphill from there.  People exited, Moopa ate cookies, and the world was right again.

Dad's jeans not needed.

Moral of the story?  Sometimes you just need a cookie.

Hallelujah.  And thank Heavens for cookies.

Blog Hop...Why Not?
Blogging Hints Catch a Wave Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I love to read your blog, b/c it reminds me that everyone has their own version of craziness! And you make me laugh through the whole thing! So, thank you for inviting us to see into your life, laugh with you, and help us to remember to look for joy in the small things! A true bright spot in my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a need a cookie moment at Costco the other day. Apparently dinner being 30 mins late was not acceptable, and there was no smiling shopping to be done by my daughter (who LOVES shopping) until the cookie arrived. Thanks heavens for cookies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm following you back. Thanks for posting my Catch a Wave Blog Hop button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm passing by and following from blog hop.

    When you get a chance, please check out my blog and follow me back?

    http://www.kaentrenos.net/2010/11/family-in-stripe-jumper-by-rosinha.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!