Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: A Little Bit of Christmas Magic

Thank heavens for Wordless Wednesday.  It's 12:45am and I'm just about out of words.

Almost.

Since putting up our tree, the magic of Christmas has arrived.  The music and movies are plentiful.  Every day I have new goodies in the oven. 

The munchkins have Christmas on their brains.  We discuss Jesus, Santa and Stanley (our Elf).  We watch for Christmas lights as we drive in the evening.  We ponder over what is happening at the North Pole. 

Moopa is no different.  She is full of Christmas excitement.

She marvels at decorations in the stores.  She dances to the Christmas music playing in our kitchen.  

She "Oohs and Ahhs" enthusiastically every time we light up our tree.  

Today I watched as she carefully and gently examined ornaments within her reach.  

I witnessed her exploring just a small piece of the magic that is Christmas.  

The beauty all around us that we begin to take for granted she is experiencing for the 1st time.
And just as she was in awe of our tree, I was in awe of her.

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
- Norman Vincent Peale

Mommyhood Footnote:  All politics aside, I was deeply saddened to read about Elizabeth Edward's passing. Her life was full of tragedy and blessings, and her strength despite her personal trials was inspiring.  A "Mama" never wishes to hear of another good "Mama" passing to heaven and leaving sweet children behind.  R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards. 







10 comments:

  1. Hi there- I am your newest follower from the Wednesday blog hop! I would love it if you would stop by and return the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm following from the blog hop. I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time she will have this year. My 20 month old can't keep away from our tree - too many sparkly things :) What girl doesn't love sparkly things :) New follower. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Moopa is very cute and I am a new follower from welcome wednesday.

    Paula
    @inkscrblr
    http://www.thriftymommastips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture! There's nothing like the wonder of children at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 1st Christmas! Also, what a kind note about Elizabeth Edwards.
    Visiting from Welcome Wednesday, and a new follower. Please stop by! ~Jamie

    http://www.SaysJamie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am your newest follower from the hop please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! Looking forward to reading your posts!
    Carrie
    http://www.wahmto5.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously Christmas changed so much when I had kids. All for the better! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Newest follower from WW

    http://mommysmoneysavingobsession.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-doing-some-blog-hopping.html

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!