Friday, January 28, 2011

5 ? Friday!

As always, a shout out to Mama M over at My Little Life for making Thursday nights easy on the Mommybrain.

I have spent the last hour designing yet another header for this online escape that is my blog.  I'm still not thrilled, but it's an improvement.

My previous header was too busy.  Too cluttered.

I couldn't take it any more.

Did Quiet Riot just start singing in your head?

We're not gonna take it.  No, we're not gonna to take it. We're not gonna take it anymore....

I'm officially in need of sleep.  I just sang Quiet Riot.

How I love to deprive myself of sleep and see how long I can function.

While I'm still semi-functioning, and singing Quiet Riot, I am pasting Mama M's Five Question Friday.

5 ? Friday

1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?

Anything that protects and/or benefits children.  If there is one thing I despise on this Earth, it is perverts and heartless savages with no regard for the innocence and spirit of children.  

They make me sick.  They make me sad.  

Every child deserves a chance. To see any of them suffering breaks me into pieces. 

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?

I welcome them happily the night before.  I am the best Mommy in the world when a snow day is looming.   

Let's rent a movie!  Sure you can stay up later!  Tomorrow I'm baking!  And we'll stay in our pajamas all day!

After our seventh storm in under two months these snow days are waring on me.  

And they are testing my patience.   

I still look forward to sleeping in and lounging around, but I'm beginning to feel like a loafer.  And I'm beginning to feel my butt spread.  

And my munchkins are beginning to bicker about trivial items such as Mickey Mouse Stickers.

I need some sunshine.  SOON.  I look like I have tuberculosis and my butt is beginning to spread.  Double whammy.

And my munchkins need to run wild outside for longer than the time it takes to shovel our driveway.

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?

I suppose it would be nice to carry a tune.  My singing voice is just about as pleasant as a fire alarm with low batteries.  

Actually scratch that.  Let Hubby's ears bleed.

I would like to run faster than an 8:30/mile.  I work HARD for that 8:30/mile.  

Hubby runs half as much as I do and he blows me away in every run we enter.  I literally eat his dust.

To make myself feel better I hold him down and sing to him.

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?

All three.  I love the news, but with four little munchkins in the house watching the news is a thing of the past.  I'd be better off sitting them down in front of Platoon.  

During the week I tend to stick with People Magazine and whatever pops up on my Yahoo! homepage to keep me up to speed.

My favorite is the Sunday Paper.  Love the coupons, the Parade insert and all the news I missed during the week. 

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)

My favorite cocktail is a Diet Coke.  Literally.  Right out of the ice cold can.  

I gave up the "cocktails" (and alcohol altogether) when I had my first munchkin.  I never missed them enough to make the calories worth drinking.

If I'm going to ingest 500-1000 extra calories on something, the first ingredient better be sugar.  The second ingredient better be sugar as well.

And I'll chase it with an ice cold Diet Coke.

---------------------------------------------
Random picture from my hard drive time!
This is from when there were only two munchkins in our circus.

I remember this picture like it was yesterday.  Love it.  They rolled up and parked these bad boys like they owned the place.  

Wait, they do own the place.

Happy Friday! 


7 comments:

  1. This one had me crying w/ laughter!! OMGosh!! From you having TB, to your singing voice and making hubby's ears bleed!!! And the kids driving "these bad boys" LOVE IT!! Can't wait to see you SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO. Love your answers. I know this winter my butt is spreading too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha So entertaining! Love it, revenge with the singing voice is priceless! And your new header looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers! I love it~ I could see how you are over snow days. We haven't had any this year! And it's sad my butt is spreading too!
    I think your new header looks great, I'm never satisfied with mine either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-question-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog!! so cute!! =]
    your kids are adorable too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm gonna be honest....I'm a new follower, I got hooked reading post after post on your blog and totally forgot how I got to your blog. I do know that I cant wait to read more of your great posts. Come by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!