Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Don't Really Do Resolutions

I don't really do resolutions.  I just don't. 

I do feel that "pull" to better myself and get my life in order.  But I don't resolve to do anything in particular.

I like to keep it general. 

I generally resolve to start exercising again, enough to get a good sweat going.  Enough to make exercising worth my while. 

My holiday exercise hiatus is officially over.  I work out hard from January to November 1st every year.  Then I give myself permission to take a hiatus for the holidays. It's a heavenly, much needed break.

But I'm looking forward to my sweat sessions.  Exercise makes me happy.  Makes the blood flow.
I would like to refrain from drinking five to six Diet Cokes a day.  It's an expensive, unhealthy vice.
I plan to look over my finances, cry and get them in order.  I will make Hubby attend this cryfest so we can have a death match deciding on where to cut back and how.   

If anyone wants to buy tickets to attend the death match let me know.  I guarantee an entertaining battle.
Maybe for the first time ever I will configure some sort of system to keep track of daily events.  This system will include who is where, how long they will be there and who is picking them up.  If I'm really on top of things it will also include when bills are due and what appointments need to be made. 

My current system of messages written on scraps of paper, texting Hubby last minute and forgetting what day it is may not be very reliable long term.  

Just a hunch.
In a nutshell, I generally resolve to make my life more organized and put more effort into my financial and physical well being.  I can't make any official resolutions because then I will try with all my might to break them. 

I don't like being told what to do, even if I'm telling myself.  I have issues.

So my "I generally resolve to" list works better.  I give it effort, and at the end of a good day I'll have exercised and eaten well.  My bills will be in order.  My case of Diet Coke will only be missing one can, not six.

And if this isn't the case, no biggie.  Tomorrow is another day.

My energies are best focused on my munchkins, being a genuine person and walloping Hubby in a financial death match. 

Have a blessed 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Great concept Jodie! So true that tomorrow is another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I found your blog. It always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I am with ya! I don't do new years resolutions either... but I AM working on my pop intake. I thought I was the only one out there that takes in this much :) Good luck to you!

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I have some giveaways going on if you're interested, I am trying to boost the entries!! We Don't Have It All Together They are all listed at the top of my page.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!