Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quick and Easy Bacon Chicken

My recipes truly leave little to be desired if you are a Master Chef.

They are simple, requiring usually only approximately five ingredients.  They are also affordable. I have no special pans or kitchenware.

Like my recipes, I am simple.  I don't do complicated.

Do you ever notice how people complicate things that don't need to be complicated?  Do you ever feel like just screaming, "This really isn't that complicated!" 

My brain can only take so much.  Anything unnecessary is not processed.  This is a side effect of parenting four munchkins.  I beg you not to complicate things.  Don't even call me after 3pm unless it is an emergency.

My cooking style is much the same.  I filter out what the recipe doesn't need.  This leaves a beautiful blank canvas for anyone who desires a more "complicated" meal.

Add to any of my recipes what you wish.  Or make them Mommyhood style.

They are delicious just the same.

This chicken recipe enables me to prepare a fairly healthy dinner for my family in twenty minutes.  And all four of my munchkins happily dip this chicken in ketchup.  All four of my munchkins dip just about anything in ketchup.  But that's another post.

Don't be afraid of the bacon, it just adds a little extra "flava".  Makes the chicken a little more exciting. 

Mommyhood's Quick and Easy Bacon Chicken
1 lb thin sliced boneless chicken breast
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup bacon bits
1 cup milk or water
3  tble canola oil (Smart Balance is also a great cooking oil)
seasoned salt and pepper if desired

On stove, heat pan on medium.  Add oil.

In shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, bacon bits and any seasonings.
In separate dish, add milk (or water).  Immerse each breast and then place in bowl with the bread crumb mixture.
Place chicken in pan, cook over medium heat approximately 4 minutes and then turn.  Cover and cook over medium low another 5 minutes or until center is no longer pink.
Remove from heat, and serve with any side your little bacon chicken lovin' heart desires.  To offset my love for dessert, I serve with steamed veggies and a salad.  I add warm bread for Hubby and the munchkins because a little starch keeps their tummies full.  No one wants munchkins wandering in an hour after dinner complaining they're starving.

Although they will wander in and make this claim regardless, because it's an unwritten law.

Mommyhood Footnote:  This chicken makes a great sandwich as well.  Toast a sub roll and add lettuce, tomato and light balsamic dressing.  Serve with a salad.  Keep this in mind if you have leftovers.  You can thank me later.






5 comments:

  1. I may or may not be struggling with the whole "menu plan" concept right now. I want to play along with a blog hop type thing on Mondays but I make my menu on Wednesday and I can't figure out how to mesh the two. Anyhow, all of that drivel just means that I didn't have anything planned for dinner tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, everything is better with bacon!!! I bet these would take good with panko too. I just made super easy panko and pecan crusted chicken breasts. Super easy, just the way I cook. Thanks for sharing, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you via Tuesday Blog Trail.
    Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-234-tuesday-blog-hop.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great recipe! Now following you from 6 in the Nest blog hop. Come follow me when your free and Happy New year

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!