Friday, February 11, 2011

5 ? Friday!

After a hiatus last week, 5 ? Friday is back.

Mama M, we missed you.

On a quick side note, tonight was my first night at work that I didn't screw up anyone's order.

Not one.

I had a table of ten ladies and the emerging waitress in me handled it semi-beautifully.

It wasn't like Wednesday night when I brought a nice lady a Filet Mignon instead of a 16 oz sizzling steak.  And she didn't have time for me to have the order fixed.

And then right before I get their check I find out it was her birthday.

It was awesome. Awesomely awful.

But tonight I managed to get the food right.  And the drinks right.

Hey, I did all right.

And now, I shall paste 5 totally random questions from Mama M's 5 ? Friday.  I have no idea what I'm about to reveal.

I'm living on the wild side.

5 ? Friday

1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear?

Definitely Extreme Home Makeover.  This home needs some juice. 

I have big dreams for it.   I'm talkin' patios and mudrooms and new fireplaces.

But we can never achieve any real greatness because just when we near being able to make an improvement something breaks. And we spend $1000 fixing something totally boring like a Well Mate rather than on kick ass patio furniture.

Appearing on What Not to Wear would be like throwing myself to the wolves.  I cringe at what they would say about my Ugg Obsession and my anti-high-heeled shoe campaign.  

Or about the fact that I loathe anything tight and fancy.

Is that the show that they make you stand in the sound proof booth in the middle of town? And everyone guesses how old you are?  And makes comments such as "Look at the wrinkles in her forehead, she has to be at least 40..."

Never.  I would cry.  I would rather stick a needle in my eye.

Hubby will tell me if I really let things go.  He's got my back.

2. Do you have any tattoos?

My Dad is rad.  Like totally. (Child of the 90's here).

For his 40th birthday he took his three oldest children with him for his 1st tattoo.  

Then we all got one.  I was 16 at the time.  Of course one wasn't enough so I went back and got another one a few months later. 

I was smart enough to design my own, and put them in places I don't see them. 

Like my butt.  I mean back. 

This way I never get sick of them.  And no one else is sporting the same body art.

3. Do you tell your kids about things you did growing up?

Yes.  But when we get to high school years I will be editing some key points out. 

Key points such as every weekend during my four years in high school.  They can hear about my stellar field hockey skills and school work all they want.  My weekend existence from the ages of 15-18 is  to be withheld until they are over 18 years of age.

I don't want to spoil their current clean cut image of their mother.  The truth would be quite a shock to their systems.

And Hubby's.  

He is still crying that I was a false advertisement.  I pulled the 'ole bait and switch.

He's stuck with me now.  And he loves every minute of my flannels and impromptu movie nights.

4. If the traffic signal turns yellow, do you stop or speed up?

Am I late or am I on time?  

5. What's your preference: chocolate or chips?

This is like a trick question.  I prefer chocolate and chips.  Together. Literally and figuratively.

Because together they make chocolate chips.  I also like to eat chips and then have some chocolate.

I even like chips dipped in chocolate. 

Is anyone following this?

I'll simplify and say I like them both.  But chocolate is my first love because it can be so many things in so many forms. 

Have a fabulous weekend!  Tomorrow I shall post my Strawberry and Cream Cheese Cake Balls for Valentine's Day.  I just ate one to celebrate my 1st error-free night at work.

It was fabulous.

Totally random picture from my computer time!
My favorite picture of the Moopa from last summer.  
Is it summer yet?

8 comments:

  1. Visiting from five question friday and will definately be back tomorrow for the strawberry and cream cheese cake balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I second your answer about high school...and then add a few years after that...and ditto about hubby...

    Do I know you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake balls are my FAVORITE cookie to make! You can get a TON from one recipe and they can be made to look impressive (although I'm not one for presentation - I'm all about taste).

    And high school...I'm not sure my kids will ever know the details when they're still "kids". Heck, my PARENTS still don't know most of the details (although my oldest friend sort of ratted me out recently...).

    I HATE What Not To Wear. I feel like it's a show built on the exact OPPOSITE of what I try to teach my kids every day - what people look like (i.e. wear) has nothing to do with who they are. It's like high school mentality magnified X 1000!! I'll keep shopping at Kohl's and Old Navy, thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your list! The tattoo with your dad and siblings is awesome! I totally agree with number three, yikes! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am enjoying your!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the comment about "bait and switch" I always say that to scott. got him on the hook and then in the boat... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious! Glad i stopped over from 5QF! And no, the show where you stand in the glass thing is.... something else! I forgot the name of it! What not to wear is a different show. They make you throw away all the ugly clothes!

    I too hate high heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your day at work ;)

    P.S. What a great picture.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your series (am new to your blog- found you last week!)!

    And your answers have me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!