Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gratitude and Some Cotton Mouth

Thank you.  Thank you.  THANK YOU. 

All the get well wishes took some of the sting out of the "Dreaded Barfing Disease". 

The "Dreaded Barfing Disease" is what myself and my five siblings named this stomach virus long, long ago. 

Back in the day, always around Christmas, someone would inevitably get the "Barfing Disease".  There would be universal squeals of "EEEWWWWWW! Mooooommmm!  ________ has the Dreaded Barfing Disease!!!!!"

And so even today, at the ripe old age of 31, the 24 hour stomach virus remains the "Dreaded Barfing Disease".

And dreaded it is.  When my son had it last week I felt terrible for him.  I wanted to do everything I could.

But man, as I lay still as a statue yesterday, making every effort not to puke, I felt even worse he had to endure it.  It is a teeth sweating, nauseous, "I need more Ginger Ale" nightmare.

But after sleeping 18 out of the last 24 hours I am feeling alive again.  Alive with killer cotton mouth and a stomach beggin' for nourishment.

But I am three pounds lighter.  I guess there is a silver lining after all.

Stay Healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we've had it here as well.
    I hope it has passed never to come back again. We went 3 rounds with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend! Being sick (pukey sick) totally sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!