Monday, February 21, 2011

Moopa Meets the Pool

Yesterday Moopa met the pool.

Due to the "walk in" design it was a very relaxed introduction that required no Valium and no giant annoying baby rafts.

The person who invented zero-entry pools is my hero.  They have added years to my life.

And so with the older munchkins happily swimming under Hubby's supervision, I decided to let the Moopa live a little. 

We hit the pool. 

She was hesitant at first. She took inventory before making any hard and fast decisions.

The large body of water filled with strange people was a new, unfamiliar experience. 

A large body of water alone was a new experience.  She is a fourth baby which translates to speed showers. 

Baths are for first and second munchkins. 

But eventually she sat and tested the waters.  And I still can't figure out if she then gave me the stink eye or if she was just ensuring I was still there. 

Either way she sat.  And looked at me.  Possibly with a stink eye. 
Before long she was happily doing the classic flop and splash.  It looks like this: 
And she flopped and splashed until it was time to shower for dinner.  Speed shower of course.

Before I sign off it needs to be noted that Moopa is wearing a fitted swim diaper AND a snug suit. 

I'm noting this because five minutes after we left the pool it was evacuated.

There was a doodie floating exactly where Moopa was flopping and splashing.

Yes, a doodie.

And it wasn't my kid.  Her swimming getup makes it an impossibility.  No doodie was sneaking out of that iron clad swimming attire.

Mommyhood is not responsible for the doodie in the pool.  Pooping in pools is generally frowned upon.  We don't like to be frowned upon.

The end.

Have a fabulous Tuesday.  Don't poop in any pools.

Mommyhood Footnote:  Dinner was at 1900 Park Fare.  Mommyhood highly recommends it.   Wonderful variety of food and the characters are a delight.  A full review will eventually be posted on my Disney Tips N' Tricks page.


5 comments:

  1. That kid is ridiculously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flopping and splashing? My Little One just combines them and calls it "flashing". Cracks me up every time. As in, "Come on, Sissy, FLASH with me!!" (They bathe together still...)

    Good news! We have officially started considering dates for our next trip! WOOHOO! I may suggest the Wilderness Lodge area next time (although we stayed there for our honeymoon and weren't overly impressed...but that was WAY before kids).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally LOVE the iron clad swim suit!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Hilarious!! We are going in Sept '12! I'm super excited! I too grew up going to Disney, my hubby and I honeymooned in Disney ( I insited upon it) I'm a bit nervous tho bc we will be traveling with a 16 mo old... not sure how well this will work... hopefully no doodies in the pool :-) My son, 6 1/2, has absolutely no idea we are going too, can't wait to suprise him, it's killing me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!