Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why I LOVE Moon Sand

I love Moon Sand.  It's fascinating. 
Every time I set it out I mold something.  I can't help myself.

This sentiment is shared by munchkins everywhere.

Moon Sand can be messy, but it keeps munchkins quiet.  And busy.  And away from the television.  My munchkins play with it for hours.  They mold and create and talk to themselves.  It's endearing.

And it gives me an hour to myself.
I need to stipulate that Moon Sand is a treat in our house.  We don't have Moon Sand play whenever the munchkins feel like it.  This Mama don't do mess.  I need to be mentally prepared before I whip out any kind of "crafty" activity.

I always have Moon Sand play coincide with clean the floors day.  Or we set it up outside on a nice afternoon.

There is always a method to my madness.  Always.

Moon Sand is also a marvelous birthday gift.  When I don't know what to buy I default to an activity.  They're affordable.  And they don't accumulate like other toys and cause clutter.  They're more about the experience.

Moon Sand is no different.  This is because after a few rounds of solid play it is garbage.  At least it is at my house.  Colors are mixed and gets all funky. 

And then I dance the jig because I can throw it out.  It served it's purpose and it's gone.

If only stuffed animals had the lifespan of Moon Sand. 

This is not a sponsored post.  I love what I love and I wanted to share.  That's what Moms do.

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who only allowed Play-Doh and Moon Sand and the like on the day I was planning on vacuuming....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your own here...I loathe Moon Sand. Play-doh I'll break out anytime - just for the smell alone (Yum!) but Moon Sand, unlike regular old sand, never.dries.up. I know, that's its selling point, but I think it makes it so much harder to clean up! I have banned ours to the garage which means it's mostly forgotten. And I am NOT a clean mama. In fact, my kids could probably build a castle out of the crumbs currently under the table...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to read this post. I almost, ALMOST, bought this before Christmas because it was on fat sale, then I read some reviews (just on Target.com) and decided it was a big fat NO. Good to know.. use it on a sweeping/vacuuming day!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!