Friday, March 11, 2011

5 ? Friday!

It's Friday.  Again.  Time certainly doesn't wait for me to get my uh hum, "stuff" together.

For every task I accomplish two new tasks arise.

It's quite frustrating at times.

Luckily I've learned to ignore everything that isn't 100% necessary and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Mommy Survival 101.

And now, without further ado, I celebrate the beginning of the weekend with another fabulous edition of....

5 ? Friday! 

1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?

Nope.  Not a clue.  I am pretty certain it's a mouse-y brown color.  I like my hair blond, as it has been for years.  Unfortunately the upkeep gets away from me at times. 

My roots have been known to scare small children.  

My son once inquired about why my hair was "one color on top and another color on the bottom".

This was my cue to fork over the $120 and get my hair cut and colored.  

I love hair salon days.  They are a fabulous, rare occurrence.

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?

Both.  We plan some beach weekends, since my father owns a nipdoodlish beach house about two hours from where we live.  

My large family gathers there for a few select weekends every summer.  The house gets quite crowded and shenanigans inevitably ensue.  

Beer flows freely and music plays from morning until night.  Husbands get in trouble and little cousins tear up the joint.

Summer is a fabulous time.  

Other than a few weeks of camp and beach vacations we keep everything light and lazy.  

That's how we roll.

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?

I can't really say.  I'm really more of a baker.

I like to cook when I have time and I have groceries.  This is usually not the case.  

I also prefer to make what I feel like eating.  

Hubby's favorite meal would probably be my Poppyseed Chicken.  I would ask him but he's asleep and would be rather disgruntled if I interrupted his R.E.M.

4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?

I don't think that hard.  I try to remain as oblivious as possible.

It's hard to get offended when you're oblivious.

As long as someone is grateful in the moment, I am satisfied and I continue on my journey through existence.

In oblivion.

5. How did you meet your best friend?

Well, I have a few best friends.  I have childhood best friends, Mommy best friends, family best friends and my best friend forever. 

I'm such a lucky girl.

I have a childhood best friend (B.F.#1) who I can call once every two months and nothing ever changes between us.  We've solidified our friendship.  She's a better friend than I am and I am forever grateful for it.  She also loves Disney and being a Mommy.  I met her through B.F. #2.

I met B.F. #2 when I was 3 through our parents.  I speak to her once every several months.  She knows me so well we can look at eachother and laugh about something that happened 20 years ago.  

We know each other's brains.

My sister-in-law, Mimi, was my B.F.F. in high school.  We ran in the same circle and she started dating my brother.  

They got married.  

I am forever thankful my brother had such high standards.  She is one phenomenal friend (B.F. #3) and I love having her around as we evolve and move through life.  

Another bestie (B.F. #4) I met through Hubby.  They were in college together.

And another B.F. (B.F. #5) I met when I lived in PA.  We had playdates every day and accomplished absolutely nothing. 

Around 3pm we would freak out and rush home to straighten up and prepare a meal before our husbands got home.  

We didn't want to blow our cover.

Aren't friends grand?

Random Picture from My Computer Time!  

The winner is LLG at McDonalds, hiding from a kid he went to preschool with. 

This boy wasn't LLG's cup of tea.  

He was a little rough.   

His name was George, and you can read all about him HERE.

And this was LLG hiding brilliantly behind my stroller as I waited in line to order Happy Meals.
HaPpY FrIdAY!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww.....am I BF#4?? :) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet--

    Your summer sounds lovely!

    Visiting from FQF

    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nipdoodlish - Love It!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!