Friday, March 18, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day.  Work was slammin'.

I had such a fabulous time at work I decided to stay for a "shift drink" with my fellow waitresses.  The Corona Light went down just like it did in my high school days.

So I had another one.

It was a beer and a half too much.  I can count on one hand how many beers I've had in the last five years.

I bring an entire new meaning to the words "Zero Tolerance". 

Thus, my car is still at work.  Chillin' in the parking lot.  This is so embarrassing.

And so as I wait for my car to be delivered via my wonderful dad and brother, I shall answer these questions from 5 ? Friday.

1. Have you ever testified in court? For what?
No.  And something tells me it wouldn't be much fun.  And something also tells me I'd be nervous and quite uncomfortable.
I imagine the pit stains would be quite unsightly.

2. Do you still have your wedding dress?
Oh yes.  And it is beautifully preserved in a box in my attic.  
After one of our several moves (we have moved much) my wedding dress was left behind.  Luckily the new owners were lovely people and they tracked me down.  I was very glad to get it back.

I was glad to get it back because it is treasured, cost thousands of dollars, and I can't wait to guilt one of my daughter's into wearing it.

A mom can dream can't she?

3. Is there a special place you like to go when you're happy, sad, stressed, etc.?
In high school that place was my bathroom.  I loved it in there. 

I currently have no where to hide when my days are tough.  My munchkins have the tracking abilities of blood hounds.
The beauty of being a mother is having to wait until everyone is in bed to have a bad day.

4. If you have kids, do they sleep with you? If you don't have kids...will you let your kids sleep with you when/if you have them?
I am happy to report that most evenings we do not have munchkins in bed.  I stress the word "most".

This does not mean we don't have visitors with various complaints.  Nightmares, noises, bathroom, puke, and general inquiries about life at 2am.

My oldest was a regular in our bed until he was 4.  By the time he was 5 he just grew out of it. 

It was marvelous.  I didn't have to exert any parenting superpowers to teach him to sleep in his own bed. 

I always tell parents who freak about pacifiers, bottles, diapers and anything else kids should not be doing after a certain age to chill out.  Don't sweat it.

When your munchkins are 16 they will not be drinking from bottles or using a "pucky".  And the last bed you'll worry about them sleeping in is yours. 

It works itself out.  And if it doesn't than you have much bigger problems than them still drinking from a bottle as a teen.

After four munchkins I have acquired much wisdom.  That and a nickel might get me on the subway.
5. Do you watch late night TV?
 I watch TV late at night.  Is that the same thing?
I watch my DVR.  And I eat my ice cream.  
It is where I go when I am sad, stressed and need a break.  I fight to stay awake some nights because I enjoy the quiet so much.  

And then I struggle to get my butt out of bed in time to get the munchkins off to school.

It's an unfortunate cycle. 

Random picture from my hard drive time!  
A moment that makes my heart sing.  A moment that emphasizes the love between siblings underneath all the tattles, teasing and bickering.  
Have a FaBuLoUs Friday!


6 comments:

  1. I saw a woman at Ikea this week and her (at least) 5-year-old daughter was still using a pacifier. I bit my tongue because I know it ain't easy, but seriously? Sometimes you just need to BE THE PARENT and throw the stinkin' things away! You don't have to sweat it, you just have to DO it.

    "The beauty of being a mother is having to wait until everyone is in bed to have a bad day." This sums up my life. Good line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers ! Stopping in from 5QF, and I agree things will work themselves out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love the picture of your little ones reading so sweet. Your newest follower. Stop by and visit us at
    http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm your newest follower from 5QF! Nice to meet you! Loved reading your blog, you are a riot! :D Would love it if you followed me back lol.

    I totally know what you mean about the Zero Tolerance thing. My husband had friends from out of state over the other weekend, and I had ONE mixed drink with ONE puny shot of rum in it. And let me tell you, I was all over the place wasted lmao! :) So embarrassing, I bet that couple never wants to come again! Gotta love the difference between motherhood and fatherhood, we stop drinking when we have kids and they start! I'm so mean lol! :P

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family! My son and I plan to spend ours outdoors! Whoo springtime!

    http://themtandersenfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a lightweight. I wasn't before kids-- but having them back-to-back.. with nursing, etc. I had two little glasses of wine at this sports event and was wasted for almost the whole night and morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOO

    Hope you had a blast!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!