Saturday, March 5, 2011

Family Birthdays = A Trip to the Bar

Thursday was my brother's birthday.

Friday was my sister's birthday.

Here is a very grainy, indoor picture of the "Birthday People".  Above their heads is an ultra cool family photo.
To honor the Birthday People it was suggested we go out.  To a bar.  

This is par for the course for 98% of my family.  The other 2% consists of myself and my mother.  The bar is not our scene.  I average one "bar outing" per calendar year. 

This is cool with me because I don't drink.  Ever.

I'm confused enough, no need to exacerbate the situation.

I also don't like it enough to ingest all those calories.  If I'm ingesting 500-1000 extra calories it better be from a bowl of ice cream.

But tonight in honor of the fabulously fab "Birthday People" I made my annual appearance at a bar.  There was a live band which was quite exciting.  And loud.

It was a real hoot'nanny.

It was also educational and informative.  

With each annual appearance I realize I am getting older.  And the other girls are getting younger.

My sister is 8 years younger than I am.  She is a pup.  With no wrinkles.  Her forehead shows no signs of sun exposure or worries.  
I also learned that when I'm partyin' out and I'm prompted to pose for a picture, I opt for the "Mouth Open Pose".

For now we'll refer to it as the "M.O.P." 

It must be genetic because my siblings do as well. 
The man in the middle of me and my sister is our Dad.  He is a very strange bird who has a heart of gold and fancies Hawaiian attire.

We love him dearly.  

He lasted at the bar until midnight.  I then drove him home before his ears started bleeding from the alternative rock band.  

I think he was hoping for Jimmy Buffett covers.

I returned to the bar to treat my siblings and Hubby to a drive home.  We rolled in around 2am.

And now I shall sleep.  

But first I will pray that when I wake my hearing is restored and my voice will no longer sound like I've been smokin' a pack a day for forty years.

Happy Saturday!

Mommyhood Footnote:  I will be hurtin' for sleep by this afternoon. But Hubby will be hurtin' even more for Advil.

4 comments:

  1. My sister is 11 years younger than me, so I understand! The last time I went to a bar it was with her...and we only had 2 kids at the time! I do like a nice glass of Chianti with my husband on a Saturday night, though! ;)

    Your family is adorable! And my dad is just as, uh, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. memory card thief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known you for a long time, Jodie~! You are, without a doubt, one of the fondest memories of my teaching career~! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs, and can attest to your candor and honesty with your posts~! You make me smile, as I picture that adorable child in front of me, when you were in 5th grade~! Your family is fabulous, and I loved all of your brothers and sisters, I was fortunate enough to know~! :}

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!