Friday, April 1, 2011

5 ? Friday! Woot Woot!

Last night was "Ladies Night".  I went out with the ladies.

I can't remember the last time I went out for Ladies Night.  I am evolving these days.  My Mommy yoga pants are being traded for jeans and heels once every few months.

Evolution in it's purest form.

And now, with a wee bit of a headache from two Corona Lights and a few embarrassing sets of karoake, I embark on 5 ? Friday.

And Thanks to my "Ladies" for a wonderful night of shenanigans.

Link up here if you want to play: My Little Life

1. Have you ever had surgery?

Oh yes.  I am cleaned out.  

If memory serves (which isn't always the case) part of my father's speech at my engagement party was a "you're welcome" to my Hubby.  

A "You're Welcome" because Hubby will never have to fund appendix, tonsil or gallbladder removal.

Appendix ruptured when I was four, spent 10 days in the hospital.  I guess in 1983 an appendicitis doesn't come to mind when the patient is only four.
 
My gallbladder took a crap when I was 17.  And shortly after my tonsils enlarged to the size of golf balls when I was 18.  

I was a hot mess.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?

Yes.  Twice.  

Once after Hubby delivered our third baby in the front seat of our car at 2am.  In the middle of no where.  Here is the link to that fiasco: Craziest Night of My Life

The second was when I was in labor with my fourth munchkin.  I basically freaked out and refused to let Hubby get on the highway because of what happened with munchkin #3.

So I rode in style to the hospital.  Via ambulance.  And I was only at the hospital an hour before baby #4 was born.  

If I ever have a fifth I might just cough it out.  

Just kidding, there will be no fifth.

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?

Panicked.  Nervous.  Adrenaline.  

If the medical situation isn't a dire emergency I tend to laugh.  Nerves are a killer.
I might be the only mother in America who breaks into hysterics laughing when my munchkins are all screaming getting shots.
 
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?

I try to have have a garden every year.  "Try" being the key word in that sentence.  

Last year the tomatoes thrived under my care.  How I'll never know.  

LLG loves tomatoes and so we planted a garden.  I had minimal confidence in my gardening abilities.  But we were buried in tomatoes.

LLG sold them to my parents every few days.  

My munchkins know how to work the system.  And they all have wallets busting at the seams with dollars.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?

I went to a semester of college and moved back home.  Met my Hubby that spring, worked full time for a year, and we bought a house a week before our wedding.

I was 20.

Have a FABULOUS Friday!  I am a tad chipper because the snow is minimal.  And the weekend looks sunny and divine. 

Have a good one!

Random Picture from my hard drive time!
The Gymnastics Queen and her cousin G.  They are all wonderful buddies and it makes my heart sing.

They were oohhh-ing and ahhh-ing at the animals at LLG's birthday party last fall.

Adorable little munchkins. 

4 comments:

  1. wow...you have some funny stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like you have been what my hubs likes to call "gutted like a fish" I have been gutted, still have my appendix though, that will probably be next. I have had 6 surgeries on my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You delivered in your car?! I can't wait to go read that story!

    I don't so much laugh when I get nervous as much as I just try to be humorous. Those times when you can either laugh or cry, I try really hard to make myself (and everyone else) laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!! HAHA! I have to go check out your Craziest Night of my Life post!!!

    I sometimes laugh when i get nervous & i hate that! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!