Friday, April 15, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Happy Friday!

Today I'm just jumping right into 5 ? Friday.  Munchkins are ready for the bus, and I have to get myself into presentable attire to help in LLG's classroom.

Mornings when I actually have to BE somewhere by a certain time in the morning really get my blood pumping.  Nothing like a mini adrenaline rush to start my weekend.

And so without further ado, 5 ? Friday!

5 ? Friday

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
The smell.  I love stepping outside on a mild Spring morning and smelling...."Spring".  My munchkins always yell, " Mom! It smells like Disney World!"  

Everything magical and happy is like Disney World.  But there is a similarity to the smell of Spring and the smell when we're waiting for the bus in the mornings to the parks in Disney. 

Strange but true.  And even the munchkins recognize it.  

2. What was your best birthday ever?
Duh, when I turned 17!
I got my license.  I was free as a bird.  And my father suprised me with a stick shift white jeep wrangler.  I then became even more free as a bird.

I loved that car.  It was my baby.  Her name was "Magic".  My father, a "Parrothead" (Jimmy Buffett fan) sang "Little Miss Magic" to me when I was a baby.  

I was his first daughter.  It is our song.  And man did I love that jeep.  Good times.

3. What is your favorite dessert?
This is like asking me which one of my munchkins is my favorite.  
No can do.  
But as long as sugar is the first ingredient, and there is no fruit involved, I'll be lovin' it. 

But if I had to decide what I wanted for dessert tonight?  Ice cream.  Sprinkles.  Marshmallow topping.  Whipped cream.  OR a vanilla cake with fudge filling and vanilla buttercream frosting.  preferably from Price Chopper.  

Or my most favorite bakery that decided to go out of business right before my birthday last year.

Bastards.

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
I don't really go with excuses, I am the "hang my head in shame and play innocent mommy kind of gal".

It goes like this, "I'm so sorry.  I'm lost.  I'm trying to find my grandmother's nursing home and I'm not familiar with the area..."

While saying this I bat my eyes and try to look like I'm in distress.  It usually works.  I give it an 80/20.

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
I wake up when my munchkins bother me enough for breakfast that I must rise from sleep.  

Or on a weekday when my son comes up and says, "Mom! It's 8am!"  I then fly out of bed and begin my lunch making, breakfast preparing frenzy with bedhead and no glasses on.

I try to make Hubby be the one to handle mornings on the weekend.  

I also give that an 80/20.  I'm such a lucky girl.

Random Picture from my hard drive time!

I love this picture.  I've had it on the blog before but it will always be a return guest.  This picture encapsulates LLG and my Gymnastics Queen perfectly.  This IS them.   
Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. such a cute picture!! I too typically fly out of bed in the mornings at the last minute!! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog hopping from 5QF. Love your blog! Happy Friday!

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I love the look on his face. What a cute photo. My alarm clock is my son yelling "Mom I pooped".
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you at 5QF!

    Love your post #2 and 3. What a sweet dad you got! Turning 17 and then getting a jeep wrangler? WOW!
    And I'm with ya with the dessert. Basically anything that has sugar, butter, full cream... LOVE em.

    Nice meeting you! Gonna hop some more now. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from 5QF. I loved your first car story. I had cars with names too... Vinnie the Vega, Marvin the Mustang, etc. Good memories. And, I agree with trying to choose a favorite dessert - I had pretty much the same answer. Like choosing between my children. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! Have fun in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopped in from 5QF and I love the picture! I can never get my kids to all look at the camera at the same time LOL! The older 2 are usually fighting and the younger one is trying to run away :)

    http://cabubsmom3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...what a beautiful family you have! What a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!