Thursday, April 21, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Easter is upon us and the Bunny is a tad behind schedule.  And with the munchkins all home from school this week what hasn't been accomplished shall stay unaccomplished.

Saturday evening should be interesting at our house.  I hope Hubby has the fridge well stocked with brewskies.  Something tells me he'll be needing them when I clearly state, several times, how the Easter Bunny stuffs eggs and hides baskets.

Because this Mama knows how the Bunny maneuvers.  At least I know how he maneuvers in my mind.  And when it comes to holidays, I like 'em big and fun.

Oh, and I like them "my way".

And so I finish with a note to Hubby:

Dear Hubby, Stock the fridge with beer.  Love, Me

And now on to 5 ? Friday!

1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?
 
Most definitely the enormous family brunch at my mom and dad's house.  We all congregate at their oversized dining room table and ingest all sorts of trans fatty breakfast foods.  
 
And sugary candies.  
 
And alcoholic beverages.  

It is a morning full of family, food, egg hunts and Easter baskets for the munchkins.
 
When I was growing up my favorite tradition would have been the live chicks and ducks the Easter Bunny left every Easter.  Yes, LIVE chicks and ducks.  
I am one of six kids and my mom knows how to make holidays big and memorable.  And awesome.  

I must say the chicks and ducks were fabulous until I was old enough to understand their fate when we brought them to the "farm".  

Goodbye sweet chicks.  You were cute for a very short while.  Sniff sniff. 

2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
 
Holy Moly give me a shower.  A long, hot shower.  I will shower until I can find nothing else to shave or clean.  

There is nothing pleasant, in my opinion, about laying in my own filth.  Zip. Zero. Nada.
 
3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?

I can parallel park in most vehicles.  My vehicle is NOT one of them.  I drive a beastly Expedition that makes a standard parking space frightening.  

I usually just take the farthest space from any other car.  Preferably this space is also a "pull through".

4. What is your favorite Easter candy?

Marshmallow Peeps, dipped in milk chocolate.  

If you have never experienced this decadent delight, please stop reading and buy peeps and milk chocolate. 

Melt the chocolate and dip the peeps.  Then you must eat them

I must also add that my mother and myself have been enjoying this candy LONG before it hit the shelves.  Whoever started packaging dipped peeps owes me some residuals.
 
5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?
 
We do both.  Just like with Christmas.  We do it all and we do it big.  
My munchkins can tell you every detail of the Easter Story, down to how many coins Judas accepted to betray Jesus and how many times he was whipped before he went on the cross.
 
And then they awake to a yard peppered with eggs and baskets overflowing with toys and candies.
 
My munchkins only receive on holidays and their birthdays, which in our house makes these occasions very special.  

There is no toy for behaving while we shop.  You are expected to behave while we shop.  But on Easter, they know there is one heck of a basket and one killer egg hunt comin' their way.

And we love every minute of every holiday.

Have a fabulous Easter Weekend!

Random Picture from my hard drive time!
 
LLG just a few short years ago....crazy as ever hunting for eggs!
Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Easter with your family sounds like fun! I had never heard of chocolate dipped peeps before. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am officially the newest follower of your blog! I agree with about everything you've said in this post- it was great! I had to read several pieces to my husband, too! I love the part about the live chicks... that's what my blog post was about today, too! I totally get the 'showering until you can find nothing else to shave or clean'! And thank you for not spoiling your kids with toys for expected behavior! I couldn't get on board with only one of your five things. You're gonna think I'm crazy, but I'm just not a peep fan! I'll stick to those little malted milk ball eggs! Thanks again for the fun post! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow me, too! http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com

    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!