Friday, April 29, 2011

5 ? Friday

As this busy week comes to a close, my Mommy Brain is so thankful for 5 ? Friday.

Takes all the work out of blogging.

There is no thought in my brain as to what I will blog about.  I must admit I love when there are no thoughts in my brain. 

My brain loves the vacation from its daily overstimulated, over-organizing state.

And now, with no thoughts I embark on 5 ? Friday, brought to you by the lovely Mama M over at My Little Life.

1. If you could buy any car, money not an option, what would it be?

Oh nellie.  I need to wake up my brain and think on this one.  This question did not state that size was not an option, so I would still need some sort of mini school bus to transport my circus.

I would settle for a suped up SUV.  I have an expedition, but I would like something with a few more bells and heated seat whistles.

Okay, give me an Infinity.  Top of the line.  Bucket seats in the second row and fully loaded.

I now need a few moments to return to reality. 

2. What was your worst first date ever?

I must have blocked out quite a few because I know I've been on dates, and I don't remember many.  

I married young, so I have not been tortured with many "meet new men" dates.  I knew most of the lucky princes (right) from high school.  Or being "local".  

I can say my most awkward (ooohhh! spelling test word today in grade 2!) first date was when a very super hot senior asked me out.  I was a freshman.

He was "on fire" hot.  And a football player.  And I LooooooVed him.  But he was shy.  I was young.  There was very little conversation and if there was conversation I was kicking myself for being such a dork.

We didn't have any more dates.  

3. How old were you when you fell in love for the first time?

I was a freshman.  That was a busy year for me.  I had my first real boyfriend and it was an on/off relationship with years of teenage angst and torment.  

4. When was the last time you reconciled your checkbook?

Never.   I watch my account online, keep a cushion, and let the chips fall where they may.  
I'm such a daredevil.  A wild woman.  
I actually just fare much better if I don't screw with my bank account and try to balance it.

5. If you were going to fashion a "Wanted" Ad for a best friend, how would you word it?

No Best Friend Ads needed.  I have a small handful of the best friends a frazzled brained Mommy could ask for.  They are patient, they forgive the fact that I never check messages and return calls, and they support me whenever I need it.

Love Mommy Friends.  Did you hear me Mommy Friends?  I Love you!


But to answer the question my ad would read like this:


Frazzled Mommy-Brained woman with several munchkins looking for best friend.  Funny and loyal but I do not return calls.  I may email if mommy ADD doesn't have me checking yahoo news instead when I sit down to email.  Non confrontational, will not fight.  Will sweep all issues under rug and run.  Makes for a very pleasant relationship.  Generous if I remember to be.  Thoughtful when the mood strikes.  Happy 99% of the time because life is too short and I'm just wired to be happy.

Please be my friend.  End my lonely misery.  We'll talk every few weeks and go out once a year.  If you're lookin' for low maintenance look no further!   

Random Picture from my hard drive time!  And then I need to pack 3 quick snacks find socks for my 7 year old and grab a bus to school!

Ahhh, my little BFF's when they just toddlers.  Wrecking havoc and causing me angina.  Amazing how time changes nothing. 
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. linking up from 5?F. love your blog. new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Your friend ad made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too like your friend ad. i love low maintanance friends.. they are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!