Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Enjoy the Ride

Yesterday we had a "big kid" accomplishment.

Three hundred and forty six days after the Gymnastics Queen attempted to ride a two wheeler she finally has it down.

That's it.  It took approximately only a year.

I need to stipulate that she could have accomplished this "big kid" skill last year.  In about ten minutes.

But this girl is stubborn.  And strong willed.  And when she decides she is afraid it is the end of story.

The story is over.  

I have learned long ago to back off and let her be.

Because when she's ready she'll climb the mountain.

And yesterday she hopped on that bike and rode it down the driveway.  No practice necessary.

Sometimes life is just easier when you leave well enough alone.  It makes for happy munchkins and in turn that makes for happy parents.

I love happy parents.  The world is a better place when parents are happy.

And so lesson #1,000,001 my munchkins have taught me:

Life is just easier when you just sit back and enjoy the ride.

No pun intended!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part? She's doing it in sparkly shoes! She needs a skirt like yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's fun so fun. I love the big smile in that last picture. Her long hair reminds me of myself when I was little...

    http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!