Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flying Solo

The past 24 hours have been strange.  Very strange.

Through a very long winded chain of events I am flying solo. 

Yes.  You read that correctly.  S-O-L-O. 

Hubby is having a man weekend, and the munchkins are having a grandparent weekend.

I can't remember the last time I was without a munchkin on my hip for over 24 hours.  Or a munchkin in my bed.  Or in the carseat. 

My golly today I felt naked and exposed.

I worked last night, and stayed out late enough to fall into bed exhausted.  This went as planned because my other option was laying awake in fear an ax murderer was in the house.  I greatly appreciate the two Coronas I downed at work.  Wonderful sleep aids.

This morning I woke up at 8am.  I forced myself to stay in bed until 10am.  I spent most of these two hours deciding what to do with my alone time.  It took me a hot second to dig out some waitressing cash and go shopping.

But only after I ran two loads of laundry, vacuumed, sorted Easter goodies and washed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees. 

Flying solo or not, some things never change.

And now I eagerly await the return of my four munchkins because I miss their mushy faces.

Have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, too funny Jodie. I often feel like I need a break or some alone time. And then when I get it I have no idea what to do with myself and I sit around missing my kid and feeling lost. Its very strange. Hope you enjoyed yourself though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't remember the last time I was ALONE!! Lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl, I am sure I could have slept till noon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I long for a day of being alone. No hubs and no kids...for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!