Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

Mark 16:6  “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him."

Today is a cherished holiday.  One that celebrates miracles, new life, family and all the magic Spring brings after a long winter.

The bitter cold mornings and the chapped hands are almost behind me.

I can almost feel the warm summer sun on my face and the sand beneath my toes. 

But before I lose myself in Easter excitement and drown myself in my annual sugar coma, I keep in my heart the true meaning of Easter. 

Because along with eggs and baskets comes a miracle worth celebrating.  And celebrate that miracle we did.

Church this evening was the highlight of my Easter weekend. 

Every year I leave Easter service and I feel refreshed.  Whole.  Renewed.

I leave and I am filled with joy.

And I wish everyone the same this Easter.  I wish you renewal.  I wish you joy. 

And I wish you a kick ass visit from the Easter Bunny.

Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter, Jodie!!!!! It is a refreshing feeling. What a gift and reminder He is!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!