Thursday, April 14, 2011

Team Sparkle

A few weeks ago I joined up to run for penguins at the Bronx Zoo.  A bunch of us mamas have decided to run races.

Together.

It's time we all kept our eyes on the prize.

The prize being bathing suit season.

And so a few Thursdays ago ladies night was slammin' and we all were planning our 5K for penguins.  We wanted to get shirts and sparkle skirts.

And oxygen tanks.

Scratch the oxygen tanks (well some members of the "team" may say otherwise).  I can handle a 5K.  If we upgrade to anything above five miles I'll change my tune.  But for now I'm ready to rock.  I mean run.

I run because I love it.  It makes me feel good and releases mommy stress.  And it keeps me fit.

I am no marathon runner, but I enter races plenty with my family and we have a good time. 

And the Bronx Zoo race will be no different.  A bunch of crazy Mamas runnin' for penguins.  All of us in team shirts and some of us in sparkle skirts.

There are some big advantages to donning the sparkle skirt.

The first being that you better run the whole thing if you're sporting a hot purple sequined sparkle getup.  Sparkle skirts aren't cool if you suck.

The second being you better lay off the snacks because sparkle skirts draw much attention to the thighs.  And butt.

Oh Nellie.

Time to ditch the ice cream.

But it's all for the penguins.  And for the thousands of fellow runners who have to watch my arse run in a sparkle skirt.
Mommyhood Footnote:  Running in races with fellow Mamas requires awesome Hubbies who will watch the munchkins.  Thank you to my awesome Hubby. Muah!

9 comments:

  1. I am soooo not a runner but one of these days I hope to be. I started doing the couch to 5k in hopes that I will be able to take part in a 5k in the future.
    Have fun in yours! Love the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it!!!!! isn't it flippin' cute!!! CAN'T WAIT! it is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to borrow that to run my 1/2 marathon in :) LOL!! Can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go sparkle! I am NOT running my 5K in a sparkle skirt (because I DO suck), but I AM running, so that counts for something. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I soo love the idea of running in a sparkle skirt! Makes you run faster I bet.. and if it makes you feel better I ran in my daughter's cheerleading outfit for Halloween.. made it an event to remember that's for sure! Good luck! Save some penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! And love my Team Kowalski Gals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, got mine too! Can't wait for the race!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!