Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend Recipe: Cookie Dough Balls

**Originally posted April 9, 2011**

It is the weekend.  Amen and Hallelujah.

Weekends for us mean flushing the school week routine.  Bedtimes are later, days are unscheduled and diets are lax.

And sugary.

Because it's the weekend I made cookie dough balls.  They serve so many phenomenal purposes.

You can chop them up for ice cream toppings.  You can eat them as you prepare them.  You can dip them in milk chocolate and make a "bon bon" type dessert.

They are beautiful, beautiful creatures.

Mommyhood's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

1 cup butter, soft
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp water
2 cups flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips

1-2 bags milk chocolate chips for melting, if desired.

Cream butter and sugar.  Stir in in remaining ingredients.

Dough will be semi-crumbly, this is ideal.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
Place in freezer approximately 1 hour until firm.  From here you can either leave as is, or dip in milk chocolate.

To melt chocolate, microwave 90% of 11.5 oz bag of chocolate chips on high for one minute.  Stir, and repeat in 30 second intervals until chocolate stirs smooth.  Toss in remaining 10% of chips and stir until melted.  This will bring down the temperature of your chocolate just enough for perfect dipping.

Mommhood Footnote:  I highly recommend chopping a few dough balls for a delish ice cream topping.  I have a container hidden in my fridge where no munchkin could ever find it.  


Happy weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow these sound yummy! Totally not on plan, but yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookie dough balls are off the charts delicious...and absurdly addictive. I may or may not have added a couple inches to my waist line snacking on these the other day haha.

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!