Thursday, May 19, 2011

5 ? Friday!

Another Friday, here at last! I would breathe a sigh of relief but I have agate from trying to plan this weekend.

Saturday is a flurry of activities.  Hubby and I will be like ships passing in the night as we scamper around to gymnastics, golf, banquets and whatever else pops into our day.

Does anything else want to pop in?  Jump right in, the water is warm in this circus.  We are a well-oiled chaotic machine.

Without further ado I paste the questions from 5 ? Friday, the coolest blog hop hosted by My Little Life.

1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?
Nope.  Not unless we plan a movie night and even then I just pass out right after opening credits.

He is responsible.  He gets his rest.  He is asleep by 10:30pm.  
At 10:30 pm my party is just getting started.  The ice cream flavors are being selected and the recorded shows are being perused.

Until 10:30 I'm tossing laundry around, writing notes for school and accomplishing anything else that needs to be done before the next morning.  


There is usually much to do because I work best under an "as needed" basis.   

Love that Mommy adrenaline.


2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?

I like a little something.  Not all over scruff, but something somewhere.  

Does that make sense?  Hubby shaves in what he calls a "soul patch".  

Don't ask.

3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?
I am skilled at forgetting anything unpleasant.  I'm such a happy person because anything I don't enjoy I either don't do or I forget I did it.

It's a phenomenal system.

Thus, I can't remember any vacation that wasn't a good time.  This also could be because even if the vacation isn't going as planned, I'm always good for a laugh.

4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?
Easy.  The Pioneer Woman.  Love her to bits.

5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?
I love amusement parks.  They are very amusing.  Great for people watching and even better for food. 

I'm not a huge "rides" girl.  After having munchkins I'm more than happy to sit out and sun myself while Hubby takes the bigger kids on rides.  

I hang with the babies.  We walk and decompress.  And while we walk and decompress we buy amusement park food.  And we eat it before everyone is back and we have to share.
 
Random Picture from my hard drive time!
In honor of the vacation question, a picture of us in our favorite place!  Disney!
Happy weekend!



7 comments:

  1. Pioneer woman was my first blog too!!! Followed promptly by Marriage confessions. Also - how the heck do you stay up past 10:30? I'm a new mommy and I'm giving myself props if I am up past 9:30! Peanut gets up between 5-6 am every morning, regardless of the fact that we keep trying to teach her that weekends are different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby always is aleep early roo...albeit on the couch...soring and making it nearly impossible to watch everything I'm trying to catch up on DVR.
    I'm stopping by from 5QF. :)
    southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I get for talking to my 4 year old while typing. I meant he is always *asleep early *too. SHeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Disney~! My wife and I traveled there 7 times for vacation, before we even had children~! You know me and my immature mentality~!
    Unfortunately, my wife and I plan different sleep times, because we both snore~! It's usually a race to see who sleeps first, but my wife always wins, because she sleeps on her journey down to the pillow~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it the "having kids" thing that makes roller coasters a no-no (SICKNESS) after having them? It sucksssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute family! And blog! :) (Found your blog from 5 Question Friday!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, how I love Disney, too! It's just great!

    I wanted to let you know that I've given you the "One Lovely Blog" award! Your blog is so fun to read! Great, funny stories make my day! Enjoy your award!

    http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-was-given-two-more-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!