Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 ? Friday

I have decided to return to my blogger roots for this week.  I am back in 5 ? Friday. 

It was a needed creative vacation. 

The one week away refreshed my brains and I am back to loafing around on Thursday nights.  No blog topic needed. 

Tonight I'm answering questions.  Enough said.

5 ? Friday (Join the Blog Hop here!)
 
1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
 
I am living my childhood dream.  I wanted to be a Mommy.  To be married to a hot Hubby.  To make desserts and clean bathrooms.  

The sad thing here is I'm being serious.  Please don't judge me for what I'm about to admit.
 
I spent many hours in my childhood creating fake photo albums of my future "family".  I cut pictures of kids out of magazines like Sears and JC Penny.  
 
I named them.  
 
Gave them birthdays.  

Let me hide for a few moments because I basically just admitted to being a nutcase.

All craziness aside I did make some beautiful albums of people I didn't know.

But I do take such pride in being a Mommy.  Being a parent is the most important job anyone can have.  

We're not raising babies.  We're raising people.  

The world needs good, responsible people.

2. What is one must have item for the summer?
 
Loose summer sundress.  Dress it up with accessories or throw it on last minute.
 
It is comfy and it goes with flip flops, flats or heeled sandals.
 
Oh, and it hides belly bulge. 
 
3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
 
Do good intentions count?

I am excellent every few weeks at throwing down the hammer and reserving time for reading and worksheets.

I then fall off the wagon.  

I repeat vicious cycle until school resumes in fall.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
 
Nope.  My freezer is reserved for ice cream and frozen waffles.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?

Yes.  I dress according to what is on the agenda.  I either shower and dress, or brush hair and teeth and toss on exercise apparel.  

Either way I need to make myself decent.  I can't risk random people at my front door like the guy who delivers our oil needing a signature.
 
I am not cute first thing in the morning.  

Ask Hubby.

Random picture time!! 
 My dad with our Thanksgiving Day Turkey.  

I'm pretty sure his shirt is an original.  Like him.  

Love my dad.  And so glad it is NOT Thanksgiving.  Bring on the summer!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

3 comments:

  1. I love your response about your freezer. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right raising people is the most important job out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one big turkey! I am still looking for the perfect sundress.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!