Friday, June 17, 2011

Hibiscus

Over the years my "thumb" has gone from black to a slight shade of green.  I am proud to announce that now approximately 60-70% of plants survive under my semi-watchful eye.

My parents have helped along the way, guiding me on plant care. 

Unfortunately I still kill many plants with my lack of watering and general gardening knowledge.  But I try.  And I'm slowly building some sort of landscape in our yard.
   
A few weeks ago, I made a trip to the Home Depot in the hopes of sprucing up the garden.  While selecting vegetables, I saw a Hibiscus.  This is one of my Dad's favorite plants. 

I imagined this lovely specimen gracing my deck.  I placed the flowering beauty in my cart and went on my merry way.

I returned home and re-potted my new Hibiscus.  I named her Florence.

She went straight to the sunny corner of my deck and she has resided there ever since.

When my dad first saw Florence he had a wavering confidence in my abilities to keep her alive.  And blooming.

I've been caring for Florence over a month, and she is thriving.  Flower production is at an all time high due to LLG's careful pruning.
I'm not holding my breath, but I think Florence will survive the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throw in your two cents!