Monday, June 27, 2011

Mommyhood Hits the Beach

Today we are hittin' the beach.
I feel as though I've waited years to to dig my feet into the sand. 

To lay back and feel the sun on my face.

To watch my munchkins splash in the waves.
Our munchkins have kept us running from activity to activity since beach weather arrived.

I have been loggin hours serving up burgers and Hubby has been loggin hours as Mr. Mom.

It would be an understatement to say we are in need of a family vacation.
I'm blessed in many ways, one of which being my parents' beach house.  All summer long we have a house available to us, as long as we're willing to squeeze in on some occasions.  And we are. 

And so for the next several days we will be at the beach until noon and chillin' on the back deck until dinner. There will be card games and magazines scattered on the lawn chairs. We'll squeeze in a night at the boardwalk and an outing of mini golf.  I'll serve up big plates of nachos and Hubby will be crackin' beers.
 If I decide to stay you'll know where to find me.  Give the world my regards.
And if I can't figure out how to disappear and live incognito with the munchkins at the beach, I'll be back to Mommyhood before you ever knew I was missin'.



Mommyhood Footnote:  When Friday rolls around, we'll be joined by our fab family for 4th of July weekend.  Shenanigans will ensue.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention extra shenanignas - the Ikes will be there too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!