Thursday, July 14, 2011

5 ? Friday

This weekend my youngest brother is getting married.

Yes, we are having a wedding.

All together now, "Awwwwww!"

Weddings have a way of making everyone mushy.  They are a symbol of love.  They stand for the hope we all have that two people can be devoted to eachother.  Forever and always.

Now I'm all mushy too.

With wedding prep a little out of control at my house I am skipping right to 5 ? Friday. 

I have mucho packing to do and many "to bring" piles to assemble.

And so without further ado...

5 ? Friday! Click Here to join in!

1. If you knew your best friend's spouse was cheating on her or him, would you tell her (him)?

Oh yes.  I would find a way to either get that bastard caught or I would spill it myself.  

There is something terribly awful about someone looking like a fool.

All of my peeps have my mommy pledge that I will go down in flames before I allow them to look like fools.

This is obviously much easier said than done, but as the years go by I find myself gaining a backbone.

Hello backbone, where have you been all my life?  I shall now use you to stand up for myself and my peeps.

2. Soda in a can or a bottle?

Can.  Bottle.  As long as its ice cold and bubbly I will take it either way.  I don't have many vices, but Diet Coke makes my list of "must haves".  

My "must haves" must be had several times a day.  This is the trouble when you only have a few vices.

I tend to overindulge.

3. What do you wash first, hair or body?

Excuse me while I imagine my shower routine.  I brush my teeth first, and then I wash the body.  I then move to any required hair removal and finally the hair washing.

I finish with a conditioner, which I leave in while I wash my face.  I then rinse everything and I am clean as a whistle and ready to start my day.

I then hope to make it until noon before the "Mommy Sweat" (see sidebar) rolls in.

4. What advice would you give to any new mama? 

The loss of sleep is by far the biggest adjustment.  

Everyone wonders how people have more than one kid while they are stumbling through their first few months as a new mother.

People manage more than one child because they haven't slept since they had their first.
The biggest adjustment is far behind them.

The only other advice I have for Moms is to tell their munchkins WHAT TO DO, not always what not to do. 

Instead of "Don't throw sand!" or "Don't color on tables!" change the approach to "You play with sand like this" and "We color on paper."  

Munchkins need guidance.  But like all parents, I'm a work in progress.  And any new mom will be too.

5. What is your best hangover remedy?

Don't get plowed.  

I'm not a drinker so that's my only hangover advice. 

Random Picture Time!
My munchkins in the city two days before Christmas.  Oh nellie that weather makes me cringe.  

My skin is cracking at the thought.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely loving your truthful and funny attitude! Love answer to Q1:)
    Have fun at the wedding - bring a lot of tissue (the good stuff, by the way, 'cause you don't want little white stuff all over your face!)
    NEW FOLLOWER from 5QF:)

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!