Monday, July 18, 2011

Good People

Over the weekend, at my brother's wedding, I saw many people.

Family, friends, acquaintances, musicians, photographers....

The list goes on and on.

There is one thing about weddings and unfortunately funerals that always holds true.  You see people you only see at weddings and funerals.

And then you always leave saying, "I love so and so.  They are such good people.  We really need to see them more...."

And you never do.

Well, until another wedding or funeral rolls around.

Good people warm my heart.  They are golden to the core and being around them makes me happy.
 
They are quick to help when you need them, and they're gracious when you ask a favor.  They are good hearted, good natured, and they are good listeners.
They will squeeze into the car to give you a ride, even if it means less leg room for a few hours.  They will run to your house when you forgot something, or to let your dog out. 
They keep the little things in perspective, and they don't mind a small inconvenience.  

They make me want to be a better person.

This weekend I saw many of the "good people" in my life.  And I start my week with a renewed desire to be a good person.  To be someone worth being around.

Be good today.  And make an effort to see some of the people worth being around in your life, because they make you better.

Happy Monday!

Mommyhood Footnote:  In my life, "Good People" started with my parents.  They have been the best example a girl could have asked for!

3 comments:

  1. On the flip side of the coin are the people you avoid like the plague during regular life but have to be nice to for a wedding or funeral. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...And I have no idea why I'm so crotchety today. Maybe because I had to endure a baby shower for my SIL whom I ADORE with some family (hers and mine) that I DON'T. I was a "good person", though, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts! I can tell already that you are one of the good people, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! it's always nice to have a regained appreciation for the simple goods, when there can be so many over whelming bads!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!