Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mommyhood's Chicken Nuggets

My munchkins have a deep and sincere love for chicken nuggets.  If I were investment minded I would have bought stock in Purdue many years ago. 

We spend a small fortune on those fabulous precooked breaded nuggets.  We love those little 'fellas.  My munchkins consume them at a rate of one package every 1.5 days.

This can get costly. 

Recently I decided to serve homemade chicken nuggets.  While they look slightly different, they taste fabulous.  They are also much healthier for the munchkins.  All natural chicken, breaded and fried in extra light olive oil.

To really win the kids over I serve with McDonalds Sweet n' Sour.  I have a small stockpile which comes in handy when I am trying to sell meals like homemade chicken nuggets. 

I can report that Hubby was a huge fan.   And the munchkins did eat them after filing several complaints with the kitchen first. 

If you're feeling adventurous give 'em a try.

Mommyhood's Homemade Chicken Nuggets
(warning: this is NOT rocket science.  It might not even be a recipe.  Consider it an idea worth sharing)

1 package chicken tenders or breasts
1 cup milk
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil

Cut chicken into nuggets.  Dip in milk, and roll in bread crumbs. 
Heat frying pan to medium-low heat.  Add oil.  Add chicken and cover.  Cook 4-5 min and turn.  Cook another 5 min or until centers are no longer pink.

Serve with a dipping sauce.  Dress up in a red basket.  Do whatever you must to sell the nuggets to your munchkins.
And then enjoy their leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. i use egg instead of milk my family loves it that way

    ReplyDelete

Throw in your two cents!